Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

exhaust manifold leak

2 hours ago, lukasbernat said:

if I find the  leak? it's peak season here, and I want to avoid bringing it into service, takes long....

Are you sure it isn't leaking at the exhaust riser and finding its way down there? Mine were leaking on the back side, closest to the fuel rail, and was hard to see. Takes a short ball end allen wrench to take them off.

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-exhaust-manifold-gasket-to-riser-only.html

There are no exposed water ports between the head and manifold, also the manifold to head bolts screw into blind holes (do not make it into the water jacket), so tightening the bolt will not help.  I believe that  there is a pipe plug in the head in that area behind the manifold, but my guess is some internal leak in the manifold.  I'm assuming when you feel around/above that bolt, the manifold is dry.

If you're not able to get it fixed now, you could just let her drip and let the bilge pump suck it out.

As @MadMan noted, tightening the bolt is not a solution and may aggravate the problem.  I notice some missing paint near the bolt, you may have a crack in the manifold, you can do more investigating that way.  I would look for witness marks chasing them above the bolt, use a bright light and maybe a mirror to look around while running to identify the source.  Your manifold supply water comes from the tube or log below the bolts, you can see that in the video.  The outlet hoses from the thermostat housing is the engine outlet water, follow that to define the water circuit.

4 hours ago, onamission said:

Check the back side of the manafold to see of one of the casting ports has started to leak.

looks like the casting port is the culprit here (in the back). what is the remedy? I've seen some posts about welding?

is there any temp fix to this. don't want bring boat in - peak season