Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini Top

96Response

Hello All, 

I have asked in a previous post with some questions on Bimini top sizes. Well after the heat this weekend, I am ready to get one ordered today. I have a 96 Response. The ones I am looking at are 36" high (what i want) x 6' long. Seems a little long, but not sure. Does anyone happen to have any pictures of one that length? just don't want to buy one I'm not happy with the appearance of. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks.

6 feet is good. More coverage. I put mine a fair amount forward on my first bu to give the windshield shade. No glare while driving, etc.

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
Spelling

Tower bimini did a great job for me.

I have my old one off a R LXI that I "modified" the frame a little to fit my tower.  I'd be willing to give frame and cover, or just cover for cost of shipping.  Otherwise, I will be tossing it with my next dump run.  Cover is black sunbrella, hardware is all SS (but again I shortened it a bit...I still ahve the items I cut out , and can rivet in an insert to regain normal width.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure did. took about an hour total. If you have another set of hands it will go quick. I had to do it buy myself so took a little longer. It looks pretty good. I cant figure out how to post pics on here or i would have put one up. I'm not a big fan of them but the wife cant take the same amount of heat I can so on it went.