Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Detailing the 'Bu

I'm gonna clean the boat up this weekend and get it ready to go to sleep for the winter, and I've outlined my process so far:

First...Take out the ballast bag and clean the bilge/ski locker using degreaser and water.

Second... Remove all removable cushions and the back seat, then wash the tower, tower speakers, and interior vinyl with a mild soap and water. 303 all vinyl.

Third...clean carpet with carpet cleaner and pressure washer, using a brush for those tougher stains. Wet vac the bilge, then wet vac the carpet, allow to sit in sun and finish drying.

Fourth...Wash the exterior of the boat with boat soap and water, using Tony's Topical Toilet Tonic on the lower hull to remove tough stains.

Fifth...Wax boat hull and remove marks on rubrail.

Sixth...Clean and refinish teak platform with Teakguard, pressure washer, and bronze wool.

At some point I'll clean the back seat and removable cushions with mild soap and water.

Anything else you guys suggest? How about some techniques to ensure that my boat is the cleanest on the block when she goes into storage?

Thanks in advance

Daniel

You've probably got your own storage techniques, but I'd recommend a 5 gal bucket (or two) with Damp Rid in them. Keep the moisture out.

Also, I've found dryer sheets work well at keeping rodents out. Two years and no problems.

Why put it away so soon?

It's taking up room in my main garage, and the way things have gone this year, she' ain't going back ont the water this year. You may see it in the classifieds soon Whistling.gif

Daniel

Why put it away so soon?

It's taking up room in my main garage, and the way things have gone this year, she' ain't going back ont the water this year. You may see it in the classifieds soon Whistling.gif

Daniel

Does this mean you are storing outside for the winter? If you are not, I would skip the 303 as it will just attract dust over the winter. If it's not going to be out in the sun or rain, IMO you don't need it.

No, she's got a nice, cozy, insulated garage all to herself where she will be covered and checked on every 3rd day or so...

So I'll save the 303 until spring I guess

Daniel

Edited by Daniel