Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover for 2001 Response Lx with tower

BillM22

My factory cover has seen better days and it's time to find something new. Considering this is an older boat I am asking you guys for advise on where I can get a good towable cover. A while back I called Bakes and the guy told me they don't make covers for an '01.

I emailed Commercial Sowing, they said yes, they would make a cover for my boat, call the local dealer for pricing $$.

What other products do you recommend?

I am going to get a price on the commercial sowing cover. I think iboats.com makes custom covers, I am going to check with them too.

15 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Evolution. Most expensive option but you get what you pay for...

I contacted Cory and he emailed me right back. The sticker shock wasn't nearly what I expected. It was $200-300 more than the Westmoreland. I am sure for  a bigger boat than mine the price probably goes up fast.

Edited by wkendwarrior

Oh, I forgot to say, Cory is booked up for the rest of the year. He is taking deposits to get on the list for next year.

16 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Evolution. Most expensive option but you get what you pay for...

Really his prices are not that bad.  When I started looking for a new cover i was comparing Malibu factory covers and Bakes custom covers then called Cory at Evolution.  His prices were in the same ballpark once you start comparing apples to apples with accessories or start making changes.  However the customer service from Cory is way above anything that you can expect from the others.  He want to get the best cover possible to you and wants it to be perfect for you and will make sure that it is if there is an issue.  He upgraded his thread that he uses (2018) to an even higher notch above the industry standard to keep making the best covers better.  

34 minutes ago, wkendwarrior said:

Oh, I forgot to say, Cory is booked up for the rest of the year. He is taking deposits to get on the list for next year.

Yeah I just received mine.  Ordered and put a deposit on one in October and it arrived in June.  He was a long ways out since last fall.