Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 VTX

Concrete

Should be close to a 2013-2015 VTX. Get a suction cup surf gate for sure. 550's in both rear lockers and a bow bag 400 - 600 lbs. Wedge down maybe a click or two up. Speed 10.4 - 10.6 a person or two sitting on the surf side or some lead bags. Careful with the bow weight as it can dip easy on a 20 footer. I'm 6'3 220 and I have a fun wave on my 2013 with no issues staying in pocket. Enjoy!!

We have the same boat, and run without a suck gate. All ballast full, tube under passenger side seats, 800 full as it gets in rear locker, and 400 in the bow. Wedge all the way down, 10.8-11.2 depending on the day, with just my wife and 2 boys age 10 & 11 in the boat I could surf ropeless all day, if i was a little better at it.

I have the 07 VTX, and I run full built-in ballast, 550 in each corner (full on surf side, about half full on non-surf side), 300 - 500 VAB in bow, 1 or 2 people extra on surf side vs non-surf side, Wedge deployed. I have a home made suck gate (version 2.0).  This setup throws a good, high, but not a very long wake.  Long enough to play around on and go ropeless all day, just not as long as bigger boats