Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speed Gloss/Hot Sauce best towel to use

jwl019

Every towel I have tried ends up disintegrating after a few uses! They start ripping and becoming thread bare in several places so looking for any suggestions. 

I normally clean mine in the sink with soap to get the wax residue off first before putting it in the washing machine and do this about once every month or so during the summer.

Anyone have that problem or is it just the towels? I have tried regular towels and the soft detail towels, both have yielded the same results.

I just use cheap yellow microfiber towel from amazon, might have been mcguiers brand.  Same dozen little towels for last 4 years.  I just toss in wash with tide, could care less if wax residue is gone since that is what they are for. 

Edit - Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths is what i have.  About $4 for 3

Edited by oldjeep
5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I just use cheap yellow microfiber towel from amazon, might have been mcguiers brand.  Same dozen little towels for last 4 years.  I just toss in wash with tide, could care less if wax residue is gone since that is what they are for. 

Edit - Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths is what i have.  About $4 for 3

Bought the same in a 20+ pack at Costco for $12 just use them until it's time to toss em.

9 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Ordered some on Amazon, will give them a try.

9 hours ago, oldjeep said:

These will be next on the list to try

I get the yellow ones from Costco, they are decent quality and  $15 for a bag of 36 

I  use in them like so.

1.boat wipe downs , if the towel hits the ground, toss it,

2. After a few wipe downs or wax/polish removal and laundering  , I tear the tag off then it goes to the random rag bin , to wipe off grease /oil etc then toss it.

• Like 2