Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 a22 questions

Creekrat

The wife and I are looking at surf/wake boats and happened across a 2012 a22 with the 335 hp monsoon motor and optioned with the go surf assist surf system and 250 hours for $46,500. From what I’ve seen this seems like a pretty decent deal but was curious as to opinions on similarly optioned boats as far as the motor goes.  Thanks in advance for the help and knowledge 

Seems like a decent price to me but prices really depend on your market. A decent surf boat for under 50k in MN with low hours is tough to find. 

I purchased a 2012 A22 with 150 hours in January of 2015 for $44,500. The boat was and still is in great shape with basically all the accessories. The dealer has told me the boat is worth basically the same today as it was when I purchased it, and will give me close to that on trade. If I was to sell it I would ask 47k and take what I paid for it. It looks like the surf assist is 4k, so I'd say it's a pretty reasonable price.

Two things to consider. First, there aren't many good wake boats under 50k, and after three years and nearly 200 hours, I can assure you, even the older A22's are very good boats. We absolutely love ours. Here in MN, the largest Malibu dealer has 1 used Axis on their website, and that's not because they don't sell many boats.

Second, after three years, I'm looking to upgrade to something bigger with surf gate. It's going to cost me 20-30k to do that, but I feel I'm future proofing myself and I'm not losing much on my current boat after three years. If you can find something with surf gate and the newer upholstery, I would seriously consider it. As most anyone on these forums can attest, these boats don't lose much value. Consider my A22 probably cost in the low 50's when it was new, and now it's worth 5ish less 5 years later. That's crazy.

Good luck.

• Like 1