Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

O2BFuelTrimLong DATA VALID BUT BELOW NORMAL

Out on the water today. Got this error code: O2BFuelTrimLong DATA VALID BUT BELOW NORMAL

along with the warning screen (service required).

2015 23 LSV: 409 SS

Any advice on this code? Ok to put it in the water for another day with this active or straight to shop?

I'm hoping its a simple bad sensor.

When I shut down the error is gone and not listed on the Alerts page but after a little time running the boat it recurs.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like an emissions fault.  It could be caused by fuel pressure issues, vacuum or exhaust leaks, leaking or clogged injectors, or faulty or carbon coked O2 sensors.  If the O2 sensors are dirty, try running the boat, unloaded, for 15 minutes above 4000 RPMs.  That should heat up and clean up dirty sensors.

I doubt it will ruin your weekend, (aside from the annoying alarm), but don't let it go too long before you have it looked at.  After you get the alarm, try turning off the motor and dash power button, then turn the battery switch off.  Turn everything back on and see if the alarm comes back.  Take a photo of the SPN and FMI numbers on the setup - alarms - inactive screen on the 7 inch display.  That should help your shop with the repair.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Problem solved!

I swapped the O2 sensors from left to right to see if the fault code switched sides. In doing so I found ALL four O2 sensors loose. I could spin them with my fingers. I suspect whomever did the last winterization loosened the O2 sensors to drain the CATS? Thats the only explanation to all four being so loose. I went ahead and swapped sides, re-appied anti seize and tightened them up. Never got the fault again! If only all troubleshooting was this easy!

Thanks again for the advice guys!