Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Imracin68j

Made my own carpet saver about 1/2 the cost.

Fffrank

Looks great but what happens when it gets wet?  Does it breathe so that the carpet underneath will dry?

Chaabo

Mind sharing the source?

Looks great!

Imracin68j

My old carpet saver had a rubber bottom as well.  if you don't water will get through and collect between the carpets.  

http://www.kofflersales.com/p/plush-tuff-entrance-mat.asp

Item: D818CH6CUT 6x12 Cut Solid Gray - Plush Olefin Entrance Mat.

We took it out tonight.  Held up great, looked good.  I think it looks better without the edging. You can get it right up to the edge.  

Nitrousbird

Lifetime ban?  Do tell...

Imracin68j

I had a post on here where the the hole didn't line up with the table mount.  Grossly off.  I tried calling the manufacturer a couple times, they wouldn't call me back. There was no returns on the carpet.  I mentioned that I'll just let my card company figure it out and I'll order another with my measurements.  The lady got mad at me and said they will never build me another carpet. 

Fabricator909
On 6/30/2018 at 1:22 AM, Imracin68j said:

My old carpet saver had a rubber bottom as well.  if you don't water will get through and collect between the carpets.  

We took it out tonight.  Held up great, looked good.  I think it looks better without the edging. You can get it right up to the edge.  

Thanks for the heads up,might be the perfect ticket on my response rebuild instead of seadek and regular glue in carpet.

Brodie
On 6/30/2018 at 12:22 AM, Imracin68j said:

I don't see Sold Gray as a color option.  I see charcoal?? I may have to do this. 

DUKENO1

So what size did you order?  Looks great!

Oops nevermind...saw it 6x12

Edited by DUKENO1

Imracin68j

I'm going to have a video on it.