Sign in to follow this  
Chef23

Anybody have a SkiWarm Sahara Dry suit

Chef23

I found one online for $250. I am thinking of picking one up but don't know much about them and am concerned about fitting my neck. I have an 18" neck and am afraid it is going to choke me.

I am waffling between a dry suit and buying a full wetsuit. I know the wetsuit won't extend the season as long but I don't see myself skiing in November either but I would like to get into October and I don't think the shorty is going to do it.

VinRLX

Chef, first of all, lay off the chips and beer or quit lifting weights. ;)

I don't have the Sahara, but my USIA has rings around the neck seal that you cut away for the proper fit.

Chef23
Chef, first of all, lay off the chips and beer or quit lifting weights. ;)

I don't have the Sahara, but my USIA has rings around the neck seal that you cut away for the proper fit.

Part of it is laying off the chips and beer however I have always had a very large neck. Thanks for the feedback on the neck.

VinRLX

Hey, just yanking your chain, no offense intended. A large neck is a strong neck, I've always said. Maybe others can tell you if the Sahara has the rings that you can razor off.

Trentster

My wife has one and she loves it. Her's looks like a wetsuit, fits tight, and the only giveaway is the zipper in the back. She likes it a lot.

Trentster

Chef23
Hey, just yanking your chain, no offense intended. A large neck is a strong neck, I've always said. Maybe others can tell you if the Sahara has the rings that you can razor off.

Cry.gif Just kidding. I am not that sensitive. I have had a neck larger than 17" since I was 15. I could lose a few pounds but will always have a large neck.

Chia

Cry.gif Just kidding. I am not that sensitive. I have had a neck larger than 17" since I was 15. I could lose a few pounds but will always have a large neck.

man, a guy just asks about a dry suit and has to take a bunch of crap and abuse. All I have to say is as long as you do not wear a size 2 hat with that size 18 collar you are good to go. Biggrin.gif