Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS Rocker Switch BT instal

h2ojunkie

Looking at options and opinions for where in captains area for install. Leaning towards just in front of throttle in that panel opposed to making a bezel for under dash install. Already have the 420 under left side of dash by walkway and no good spot for install on that side w out additional mods cause has Kenwood remote in walkway for observer to control stereo. Oh, we have 08 VTX.

Looking for ideas and any input on pros and cons of where to mount the BT controller,  TKS crew.

Relocate the 420 to right side with this lit LED mount for the 420.  It does take some dash mounting and blocking skills as it comes only with the acrylic , LED color strip of choice, snd three rocker switches and their bays that exactly fit the BT RS.  I did this with an  install shop that blocked snd installed the mount and 420 not wired.  We wired it , but shop said scuff (make it frosted) the clear acrylic which they did for me  snd it glows nice on RGB light system 

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Equalizer-Mount-w-Lights-for-Wet-Sounds-WS-420/253678958012?hash=item3b1071b5bc:g:lK4AAMXQBwlRSVvg

move to 3rd picture to see it on eBay clear with no scuffing and lit green 

Sorry for FB vid and no pic but don’t have a pic yet.  This is how it looks lit and with BT RS

https://www.facebook.com/100005474021989/posts/775659675959826/

You can fast forward to the last 15 seconds and see mount

I bid $90 plus shipping already quoted 

Edited by granddaddy55

I considered this, but didn't have any open switch slots and it was cheaper doing the JL Audio BT adapter ($36 - same as the Exile one but cheaper) plus Scosche waterproof remote and a couple magnet mounts so I could use it in a couple places easily.  At $99 this one was a bit hard to swallow when it doesn't support the AptX codecs like the Exile and JL units support.  JL/Exile also offer a nice Bluetooth controller for less money:  https://www.exileaudio.com/store/install-accessories/bluetooth/exmc1.html

2 hours ago, MLA said:

Which unit? 

None of the Wet Sounds stand alone units support AptX.  Wet Sounds does offer it in their integrated stuff, such as the Bluetooth enabled EQ's.  Simply put, the JL/Exile stand alone products are using a better technology (that Wet Sounds recognizes as being a better tech, as they use it in their more expensive gear) for the same/less money.  

Edited by Nitrousbird
9 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

None of the Wet Sounds stand alone units support AptX.  Wet Sounds does offer it in their integrated stuff, such as the Bluetooth enabled EQ's.  Simply put, the JL/Exile stand alone products are using a better technology (that Wet Sounds recognizes as being a better tech, as they use it in their more expensive gear) for the same/less money.  

Interesting. This contradicts info from 2015 when the VC was under revision and the RS and UR were staging to release. 

Thanks for ideas and input crew. May just make bezel like the one Granddaddy55 listed. Don't need any lighting and already made one before for the 420 so maybe back to drawing board for the left side of helm under dash where it is now. Thanks crew   Right side has a nice Kenwood controller there and is so handy for driver, hate to move it until I replace the head unit when it finally dies.  Gonna use some VHB tape to side of 420 for now and get the bezel mount done on a rainy day.  Again, thanks crew

Edited by h2ojunkie
addition
4 hours ago, MLA said:

Interesting. This contradicts info from 2015 when the VC was under revision and the RS and UR were staging to release. 

When i posted this reply, this AM, I was confident that the fore mentioned BT devices did indeed, support aptx. Later, I was able to connect to one of said devices and see 100% that it does indeed, support aptx. 

I have a screen shot, but not having any luck posting it or a link from a host site. 

HELP please. Got unit installed but we have some kind of interfearence issues. Even w motor off BT signal is weak at times to ipod and goes in and out. Sounds like bad radio reception.

I had isolated the power wire and ground and BT unit is near no other cables ect...  However, it doesn't sound like electrical noise ect... just lack of connect signal from unit to device. Any ideas and help guidance ect..would be much appreciated.  ( I mounted it 4" forward of throttle in console.)

Your retailer should be the first line of defense so to speak. They should be able to help you to insure its all wired into the system correctly, then trouble shoot any issues. One tip I always [a** on with blue tooth, make sure the phone's internal EQ is off or flat. The sound quality suffers are high high volume levels when streaming. Those EQ are for making ear buds sound good. 

14 hours ago, MLA said:

Your retailer should be the first line of defense so to speak. They should be able to help you to insure its all wired into the system correctly, then trouble shoot any issues. One tip I always [a** on with blue tooth, make sure the phone's internal EQ is off or flat. The sound quality suffers are high high volume levels when streaming. Those EQ are for making ear buds sound good. 

Yep, all EQ settings off. Its just the signal interfearence issues. I don't have a shop, bought from WS. I have done all my own work since 2011. Original system installed in Dallas by Scream Marine. My BT is wired to the dist blocks under drivers helm. Bizarre.

3 minutes ago, h2ojunkie said:

I don't have a shop, bought from WS

They are great to work with. They have a number of knowledgeable tech support people. 

4 minutes ago, h2ojunkie said:

My BT is wired to the dist blocks under drivers helm. Bizarre.

Not at all bizarre 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, MLA said:

They are great to work with. They have a number of knowledgeable tech support people. 

Not at all bizarre 

UPDATE.   Ran new power and ground from battery and still had occasional faze out issue w BT signal. Big shout out to Albert and Manny at Wetsounds for stepping up w help and sending me a cord to connect the BT to system w a isolator built in to it. No issues in over 8hrs w system on. Thanks also to MLA and the crew. Help appreciated.