Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV 2018 GPS Install

JayDawg

I have a new LSV 23 2018.  I'm trying to install a GPS Puck and cannot locate the GPS antenna port.  On the 2018 it’s not located the back of the 7" screen.  Also, does this boat include an FM antenna?  My reception for FM is nonexistent. 

Not sure about the GPS but my 2017's fm radio didn't come in at all.  When I had it at the dealer in the winter they said this is a common problem.  There is an upgrade to help the reception but they said it is a minimal difference.  After they checked my boat out in more detail they discovered my antenna was not plugged in all the way to the radio.  FM comes in better now, but still not perfect.

For 2018, the viper module with the gps antenna port is located behind the starboard bow seatback storage.  Remove the four screws on the plastic storage box and the gas lift shock, pull the storage box out, you should see the viper2 module just above the subwoofer box.  The port for the gps is next to the Bluetooth antenna and the map sd card port is under the rubber cover on the top corner of the module.

• 1 month later...

I have a '15, not an '18, but I believe the computer is the same. You should get GPS signal within 5 minutes (first time it takes forever acquire satellite signal). There are two ports, one of them is the bluetooth antenna and one is the GPS antenna, but I don't believe they're labeled correctly. The SD card isn't needed for the GPS to work, and you should be able to see signal strength by pressing a button on the 7" screen when it's in "Maps" mode. There is a thread on here about GPS & compass in the '15, take a look here:

On 6/28/2018 at 7:52 AM, JayDawg said:

Thank you very much...  Now I have navigation!

JayDawg, what if anything did you have to do besides add a GPS antenna?  What additional functionality does this give you?  I just booked a lake Powell houseboat trip for next year and figured GPS might not be a bad idea since i have never been to the lake before.

Edited by SCMike

Following. On unfamiliar lakes, I through an old Garmin automotive GPS that drops bread crumbs for track. It will track for days without deleting first tracks. Would be nice to use the actual boats Nav if it will track like this.