Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 sale price discussion

M235Ozark

Does anyone know the weight of the M235 on a triple axel trailer .  Malibu lists it as 6200lbs Dry , but doesn't tell me what the real weight is going to be . As working out  best tow vehicle .

Thanks 

ahopkins22LSV
5 minutes ago, LucasC said:

Does anyone know the weight of the M235 on a triple axel trailer .  Malibu lists it as 6200lbs Dry , but doesn't tell me what the real weight is going to be . As working out  best tow vehicle .

Thanks 

A metric crap ton. If you aren’t towing with a 2500, you should be. 

3 hours ago, LucasC said:

Thanks 

Not the same boat, or even brand, for that matter. However, a similar dry weight........ so just take it for what it is worth.

My 19 X24 has a listed dry weight of 6100, so it is fairly close on the listed starting point. I have truck scales at my shop, so I usually check my boat weights on the trailer. I swapped my gear into the boat, and filled it up with gas before I weighed it. It weighed 9255lbs. I was a little surprised, until I added stuff up....

Just roughly guessing on the breakdown-

Base weight-6100

85 gallons of fuel- 510lbs

Options- 300-400lbs (Heater, extra amps/subs/speakers etc, power tower hydraulics/pump/valves etc, Bimini, etc etc,)

oil/coolant/trans oil- 50lbs

gear/equipment- 200-300lbs

Tandem Trailer- 1800-2000lbs

Typically I have found trailers to be 1600-1700lbs, but found that this X24 trailer is spec’d quite a bit heavier than the other trailers I’ve had. 6000lb axles, 6” frame rails (Instead of 5”), and 2 5/16 hitch, etc.. So, I’m guessing it’s at least 200lbs heavier.

anyhoo........ stuff just adds up. Like Ahop said, you should have a 2500 for that boat. Don’t assume it’s lighter than it actually is. I’d figure on 9k for that boat on a triaxle.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Not the same boat, or even brand, for that matter. However, a similar dry weight........ so just take it for what it is worth.

My 19 X24 has a listed dry weight of 6100, so it is fairly close on the listed starting point. I have truck scales at my shop, so I usually check my boat weights on the trailer. I swapped my gear into the boat, and filled it up with gas before I weighed it. It weighed 9255lbs. I was a little surprised, until I added stuff up....

Base weight-6100

Options- 300-400lbs (Heater, extra amps/subs/speakers etc, power tower hydraulics/pump/valves etc, Bimini, etc etc,)

Typically I have found trailers to be 1600-1700lbs, but found that this X24 trailer is spec’d quite a bit heavier than the other trailers I’ve had. 6000lb axles, 6” frame rails (Instead of 5”), and 2 5/16 hitch, etc.. So, I’m guessing it’s at least 200lbs heavier.

anyhoo........ stuff just adds up. Like Ahop said, you should have a 2500 for that boat. Don’t assume it’s lighter than it actually is. I’d figure on 9k for that boat on a triaxle.

Thanks For the Info that helps , We normally tow  short distance a few times a year with a Range Rover so that would take us over by roughly 1300lbs .  Looks like a a new truck is in order .

On 12/15/2018 at 5:06 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

Base weight-6100

We need pics of the x24, and the surf wave! Have heard good things, really thinking about give the 24 a look. 

38 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

We need pics of the x24, and the surf wave! Have heard good things, really thinking about give the 24 a look. 

I'm a malibu fanboy, I'll admit it, but the x24 surf wave is insanely big; however, the boat is also insanely big.  It felt substantially bigger than the M.

I think my wife has some pictures, I'll try to steal them from her.

2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

I actually don’t have many shots of it yet. Here is an exterior and part of the interior. And a couple next to the Star.  I got it in October, and surfed it a couple times, but didn’t get any shots. It’s hard enough to find a driver that time of year, let alone extra passengers to take pics! 

It will probably be mid-May before I get wave pics. 

D5A65CF5-E01F-4E8C-AB8C-BF72D5B802E4.jpeg

0BAE9615-27EE-4DAC-B60B-41EF69F75E07.jpeg

524292A6-2511-4093-A059-982FD61C175D.jpeg

980E5027-D884-4C1D-A45B-8F357AE3CF8F.jpeg

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 3:30 PM, Chappy said:

For reference, I am getting 30% off MSRP for my 19' 24 MXZ for a total of about $139K, maybe could have done better but I am happy with the deal.  I may have already mentioned in an early thread but a similarly equipped 18' Supra SL was $123K and 18' Centurion ri237 was $125K, which surprised me as I thought there would be more of a difference and therefore make my decision harder. I could be wrong but my guess I will make up at least half of the price difference on resale.  I am all about sharing this info to help all of us stay informed and get as fair of a deal as possible on these expensive boats.

Paid same for mine....the supposed boat show discount, and first 3 services free.

I have a great relationship with my dealer, purchased 2 M235's from them. A 2016 and a 2018.

I have found that it works better for me to ask them how much they want to make on the transaction. Then each item I add or take away is the cost from the factory.

7-10k dealer profit seems to be a fair number. I also let them do all my service and tip and pay them well. This has worked well for me and I am grateful for their help and they know I send them 5+ serious buyers a year. 

I am just saying this works for me. Every dealer is different. I don't like feeling taken advantage of, they know I am going to purchase a Malibu, so for me this helps me sleep better knowing it was fair for all involved.

Edited by Cipro
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 4:36 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

I actually don’t have many shots of it yet. Here is an exterior and part of the interior. And a couple next to the Star.  I got it in October, and surfed it a couple times, but didn’t get any shots. It’s hard enough to find a driver that time of year, let alone extra passengers to take pics! 

It will probably be mid-May before I get wave pics. 

980E5027-D884-4C1D-A45B-8F357AE3CF8F.jpeg

pretty nice garage! is that an R8 spider in the foreground? 

and where are the pics of the wave !?!?!!?