Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I've seen the light

skisix@38

I'm selling my Bu, my two Bu jackets, My Tahoe( because it's got a Bu sticker on it), and all my Bu clothes.

I converting to CC. My new favorite boat is a 196. I'm going to ski behind SGY's 196 from now on.

Oh, I'm also selling my Carbonworx and switching to a Monza!

So, while I'm out selling my stuff and skiing behind the 196 someone with only one post come read this and debunk my AWSA avg, call me a "pretty good skier", point out all the stuff I said was wrong with the Monza from back in '04. And tell all your buddies over on the Tige site so they can call me a "tool", I prefer precision instrument to be used with blunt force but "tool" with suffice.

I'm going skiing!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edwin

• SGY

• skisix@38

• DRAGON88

I'm selling my Bu, my two Bu jackets, My Tahoe( because it's got a Bu sticker on it), and all my Bu clothes.

I converting to CC. My new favorite boat is a 196. I'm going to ski behind SGY's 196 from now on.

So, while I'm out selling my stuff and skiing behind the 196 someone with only one post come read this and debunk my AWSA avg, call me a "pretty good skier", point out all the stuff I said was wrong with the Monza from back in '04. And tell all your buddies over on the Tige site so they can call me a "tool", I prefer precision instrument to be used with blunt force but "tool" with suffice.

I'm going skiing!

'bout dang time. Just remember CC koolaide is best consumed with a tad bit of vodka.

Savvy?

I'm going skiing!

Odd...I don't see an 03 RLXi for sale...yet.

'bout dang time. Just remember CC koolaide is best consumed with a tad bit of vodka.

Savvy?

Does that have to be Grey Goose, as Nautique is rather French...

No sense in using the expensive stuff. Besides, who can afford expensive vodka with such an overpriced boat. Tongue.gif

Dang skisix looks like somebody wee wee'd in your Kool-Aid :)

Yep some one must have but I still don't get it. Must be a ski thing.

My bet is that he's been over on some other forums stirring things up again & they got ugly, as they usually do when he waxes on about how great the RLXI is. ROFL.gif

Nope - it was one of our own that got him wound up: this post

Bingo! Only, he's not one of us, he's a secret undercover covert Nautique agent sent to put all of us under he's hex- see the light yet? Walk toward it and all will be ok.

Then he went back to his house and told all his buddies and they put two and two together and slammed me over there!

WG!!!!! How could you say such a thing after all the quality time we've spent riding the boat? You of all peeps should know how I don't posses the ability to stir. I like things shaken! Innocent.gif

I'm still a 196 fan! Yeah nautiques! Tongue.gif

I dont understand the MC vs CC vs BU issue. Sure there is always going to be that brand vs brand debate, however not one of them is better/worse than the next.

In the past month, I have driven and/or skied a 05 RLXi, 06 PS197 and 00 SN.

They are all very similar. Of course the SN is itty bitty compared to the RLXi and PS197, however they all perform very well and do what they were designed to do.

Since a huge majority of the people on the board cannot run 15off at 34mph, it's sure hard to say how one boat is better than the other for slalom. Sure fit/finish is part of the equation, however on the water performance is what the boats are designed to do.

Since a huge majority of the people on the board cannot run 15off at 34mph, it's sure hard to say how one boat is better than the other for slalom.

Surprised.gif You elitist snob!!! Who says you need to be able to run 15' @34 to appreciate a slalom wake? Maybe you're next boat needs to be a CC!!!

Then he went back to his house and told all his buddies and they put two and two together and slammed me over there!

I sincerely hope that you are kidding, I had absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread that was posted over on PN. I'm honestly sorry for bringing up such an old post, I had no idea that your post was from February. :Doh:

If I honestly am not welcome over here for speaking my mind then I will gladly ask Tracy to cancel my account. I didn't realize it would rub so many people the wrong way, I'm just so sick of all the boat war threads, I'm sick of reading about how Malibu is better than CC or CC owners are all jerks who don't use their boats.

Over the past 5 years or so I've gotten tons of help from PN and still keep in contact with many of the users there in spite of our boat not having the words "Correct craft" written anywhere on the side. They are an awesome community as you guys are. I truly value both forums, I find it sad that I am labeled a traitor for disagreeing with your stereotypes.

I never intended to throw you under the bus, nor did I. If you look a bit harder you might notice a similarity in user names between another member on here and the member who started the thread on PN.

If you think that the point of my post was to "convert" you then my point obviously flew right over your head.

Regards-

Richard

Edited by DRAGON88

Since a huge majority of the people on the board cannot run 15off at 34mph, it's sure hard to say how one boat is better than the other for slalom.

Surprised.gif You elitist snob!!! Who says you need to be able to run 15' @34 to appreciate a slalom wake? Maybe you're next boat needs to be a CC!!!

Edwina, love your signature line. You crack me up! I have a banana that I'll sell you for cheap--skisix will be setting the price.

Edwina, love your signature line. You crack me up! I have a banana that I'll sell you for cheap--skisix will be setting the price.

I'll give ya $24k for that overworked, undermaintained barge

I sincerely hope that you are kidding, I had absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread that was posted over on PN. I'm honestly sorry for bringing up such an old post, I had no idea that your post was from February. :Doh:

If I honestly am not welcome over here for speaking my mind then I will gladly ask Tracy to cancel my account. I didn't realize it would rub so many people the wrong way, I'm just so sick of all the boat war threads, I'm sick of reading about how Malibu is better than CC or CC owners are all jerks who don't use their boats.

Over the past 5 years or so I've gotten tons of help from PN and still keep in contact with many of the users there in spite of our boat not having the words "Correct craft" written anywhere on the side. They are an awesome community as you guys are. I truly value both forums, I find it sad that I am labeled a traitor for disagreeing with your stereotypes.

I never intended to throw you under the bus, nor did I. If you look a bit harder you might notice a similarity in user names between another member on here and the member who started the thread on PN.

If you think that the point of my post was to "convert" you then my point obviously flew right over your head.

Regards-

Richard

Sure you didn't have anything to do to with it Richard ;). That's alright because we can all get along anyway. I'm sick of boat wars too, which was the reason I posted to begin with. I can't talk for anyone else and I can't tell you how much they do boat or don't, or, how often they use another brand, I can tell you that I use other brands as frequently as Malibu and they are all good boats! That's been my point all along. I also never called anyone "jerk" - that would be rude.

From my perspective you are as welcome over here as anyone, including all your PN buds- bring 'em with you and we can pool our knowledge.

I'm glad to hear that you have friends over on PN, keep 'em and spread the sport around but, you sound as if you are pointing figures to someone else with the "user name" comment. Take responsibility for your actions.

You didn't throw me under the bus nor did I think you tried. I also don't believe you were trying to convert me. and I think I got your point just fine.

Greg

I'm glad to hear that you have friends over on PN, keep 'em and spread the sport around but, you sound as if you are pointing figures to someone else with the "user name" comment. Take responsibility for your actions.

Greg, I'm all for taking responsibilities for my actions, and honestly if I were to post a thread on PN I would have posted it myself, I have no minions to do my bidding, I need no minions to do my bidding. If I had honestly started a thread on PN I would have no problem coming forward about it.

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier. CC owners think so highly of their boat as they look at it in the driveway and don't take the opportunity to get it wet to uncover the fact that it's no better than anything else.

What a reach, you can't really believe that. Come on remove the chip off your shoulder!

For Comedic value only-here are BU owners trying to explain CC's high ratings

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....=3877&st=40

Here is the funniest

I think someone hit the nail on the head earlier. CC owners think so highly of their boat as they look at it in the driveway and don't take the opportunity to get it wet to uncover the fact that it's no better than anything else.

See the similarities yet? But hey if you want to think it's all some kind of big conspiracy, by all means go for it. I just want clear my name, because I am not a wuss who would run back to PN to tattle. Perhaps over the next few years you will come to notice that about my postings...

Edited by DRAGON88
For Comedic value only-here are BU owners trying to explain CC's high ratings

else.

See the similarities yet?

I say we lynch him....or stone him....or........or.....nevermind Biggrin.gif

Edited by Addictedto6

PS, Skisix, I made it back to 4 @32 off this week and am so so close to running it....thanks for all the tips.

unfortunately it was behind my buddies' MCs :)

Edited by Addictedto6