Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV Stereo is missing a component

macdonjo

I'm hiring out the wiring for my new stereo. I bought the boat as-is and somethings were missing so I'm piecing some stuff together here.

I have the touch screen working but the guy that's installing the amps and speakers told me the boat is missing a component to hook everything into. He didn't know what it would be called but says it's likely Rockford Fosgate. What part exactly is he talking about and where can I get this part?

Is it this? https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pmx-8bb/

Looking to buy it and overnight ship it to Canada.

Thanks so much.

Edited by macdonjo

@macdonjo Your link is the newer version of what went in the 2015 boats, I don't know if it will work. Logic says it will, but the dash computer is sending digital signal to the black box so I would recommend you get the exact version that was used in 2015. The 2015 black box might be a bit more difficult to find, but you're looking for Rockford Fosgate RFX6000-SX.

Rockford Fosgate link: https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rfx6000-sx/

A quick search reveals only one retailer that claims to have it in stock: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_41969_Rockford_Fosgate_RFX6000-SX.aspx

Other than OEM integration , the black box doesn’t  really offer many benefits for the cost.

i for one am a fan of a Bluetooth zone controller either WS420BT or the Exile ZLD with the DMC unit.

for the cost of the black box you can pick up either of these and have better zone EQ and volume control .

i ended up adding a WS420 on my 2014 that had the black box and bypassed the unit entirely.

also the black box had been known to be a source of noise interference FWIW

4 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Other than OEM integration , the black box doesn’t  really offer many benefits for the cost.

i for one am a fan of a Bluetooth zone controller either WS420BT or the Exile ZLD with the DMC unit.

for the cost of the black box you can pick up either of these and have better zone EQ and volume control .

i ended up adding a WS420 on my 2014 that had the black box and bypassed the unit entirely.

I agree, there are better ways if you're OK with giving up OEM integration. If the dash has the "sport knob", there is a desire to use the touchscreen, or any MUX switches then the RF black box is required.

Helm integration is only on feature given up, if you do go with the black box head/source unit. Tuner, USB, transom and rear seat wired remotes. So other considerations for anyone in this situation. 

I to, feel that the latest BB from rockford, is not going to integrate with the older Medallion system. 

2 hours ago, mikeo said:

@macdonjo Your link is the newer version of what went in the 2015 boats, I don't know if it will work. Logic says it will, but the dash computer is sending digital signal to the black box so I would recommend you get the exact version that was used in 2015. The 2015 black box might be a bit more difficult to find, but you're looking for Rockford Fosgate RFX6000-SX.

Rockford Fosgate link: https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/rfx6000-sx/

A quick search reveals only one retailer that claims to have it in stock: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_41969_Rockford_Fosgate_RFX6000-SX.aspx

Thank you so much. How do you know it's the Rockford Fosgate RFX6000-SX?

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

Sorry for the dumb question but what do you mean by black box?

yep, been retired for quite some time. 

Lots of decent good equipment out there, really depends on what you are looking for feature wise, and to what degree installation wise, you want to go. if you are looking for a more traditional type source unit, with say tuner, USB, SAT ready with wired remotes, only one of thosetwo has something. Theres also Clarion, Fusion and Kicker, as well as the current Rockford offerings. You are just not going to integrate with the current remotes or Maliview with anything.  

19 hours ago, MLA said:

yep, been retired for quite some time. 

Lots of decent good equipment out there, really depends on what you are looking for feature wise, and to what degree installation wise, you want to go. if you are looking for a more traditional type source unit, with say tuner, USB, SAT ready with wired remotes, only one of thosetwo has something. Theres also Clarion, Fusion and Kicker, as well as the current Rockford offerings. You are just not going to integrate with the current remotes or Maliview with anything.  

So basically any stereo since OEM is not available?