Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towel bled on seats

macdaddy

Heys Guys and Girls....Need some help. I was at Dale Hollow this past weekend and a towel bled onto the seats. Of course the color was light pink. Anybody have any ideas to get this off my seats??? Thanks

Kraig

If it's truely died then the best thing to do is just let it sit in the sun.

I know it doesn't give you any consolation today, but it will fade in the sun and fade fast.

I've had good luck with magic eraser, then sunlight, and repeat till gone.

This is the best I've found. I think if you put 303 on it, it will take much longer to fade in the sun.

I've had good luck with magic eraser, then sunlight, and repeat till gone.

This is the best I've found. I think if you put 303 on it, it will take much longer to fade in the sun.

If you put the regular 303 protectant it will take longer for sure. I was speaking of the 303 brand cleaner.

The 303 protectant won't do anything for dirt/stain, as implied above. IIRC, 303 cleaner is not mentioned on the "factory approved" list of products to use. G&T vinyl cleaner or Fantastic® may help, but not take it away. A number of people here have mentioned the magic eraser, but I believe it to be abrasive and expect it will take away a bit of the vinyl like rubbing compound on gelcoat. (if only TR were here with his MSDS)

Had the same thing happen to me. Andy called it, sun will fade it until GONE. That's the beauty of Malibu vinyl. . .most things that stain it work like invisible ink in reverse. :)