Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Southern Wake Series

granddaddy55

2 down already with lots of riders on the points Board, 3 events left, Cullman, AL at Smith Lake Park, July 14,  Wake the Dock, Biloxi MS in August and Pensacola FL in Sept 

hope to see the TMC there, supporting grass roots events is cool, and I doubt there are many of us throwing 3’s 5’s and 7’s along with inverts like high level riders so it’s really cool watching a 55 year old  dude last year throwing one wake 180’s or the event holders little 8 year old girl killing it, inspired me for this year , they have advanced and outlaw divisions for those folks who ride that level or above to have some entertainment.  

Why not get a one event WWA membership and throw down yourself?!?!?!?!?!

last year did surf at Wake the Dock by first time event promoter who did a great job and this year is running the last two events. had to compete against the wife in two surf divisions 😂,  waiting all day for the riders to finish, trying skate ride and surf this year cause it’s a long day waiting to surf

Stop #3 - Wake Battle

Date:   Boat Contest -  Saturday July 14, 2018 

403 County Road 386

Cullman, AL  35057

Phone:  (334) 857-2111 | Email:  [email protected]

Times: Registration open @ 8am | Riders meeting @ 9am

Entry Fee: Boat Contest = $65/div

Stop #4 - Wake the Dock

Date:   Boat Contest -  Saturday August 18, 2018

13247 Seaway Road

Gulf Port, MS  35057

Phone:  (228) 990-5786 | Email:  [email protected]

Stop #5 - Shred'n the Shores

Date:   Boat Contest -  Saturday September 15, 2018

17401 Perdido Key

Pensacola, FL  32507

Phone:  (228) 990-5786 | Email:  [email protected]

event promotion is hard, I did it 4 years before the Internet was possible , still hard even with the net, give these guys your support and at least spread the word by mouth or by post, it can only be good for us all!!!

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 4 weeks later...

So I got my arse handed to me on the G wake  but still had fun, ripped a little scar tissue in an old nasty knee on my healed broken femur (actually good thing after swelling!) 

so the G intermediate or not pro wake at my speed and technique with disturbed water ( if it’s not that way they trip through the course for pros to mess it up) taught me I need to go much bigger and ride lousy water every chance I get.  Made a few successful toe and heel w2w  hops but blew one wake 180’s 

step one more weight , but way more than below but as usual my inspiration wife went first so mine could drop 😎, next step to embrace the worst water I can find instead of our glass

https://www.facebook.com/100005474021989/posts/812679692257824/

Sorry but her best hop is at end of a long vid

next up Biloxi, MS

and hats off to pro Colby Bernier, and Mary Morgan?  Super nice and talented people who really share the stoke with lower level riders and groms

Edited by granddaddy55