Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Under water lights (2011 23 LSV)

JoeBu

Hello Crew,

I’m wondering if there’s someone here that could give me a hand. I’m looking to understand which wires are used for connects underwater transom light as my boat didn’t come with this option. I have a 2011 WS 23 LSV. To my understanding Malibu’s have only one wiring harness for their boats that would cover all available options.

Does anyone on here have a similar year boat that could snap a picture of the wiring of their lights?

I can grab a picture today or tomorrow when i get to the boat. Its fairly easy to figure out which wires they are. Your will find them zip tied up into the bundle of wires tucked up under the transom. 

Sorry, no picture yet, but was in the boat briefly yesterday, and you are looking for a blue and a black wire just up under the gunnel, a little starboard of the center line. Both wires have bullet style terminals on them, but are just left hanging there.

You can also test that you have the right ones by activating the switch in the dash.

Had aver 2" of rain today, so hopefully tomorrow i can get you a pic if you still need it.

@JoeBu here you go. There are actually 2 sets of the wires you are looking for. On the right you can see i have them connected, on the left they are as i found them, just pulled out a little so you can see them

20180629_131430.jpg

@asnowmanThank you very much for the pic. I did look under the gunnel and only saw a black set of wires just hanging back there. I'll take another look and see about the blue ones also.

BTW any chance you know where I could get my hands on a full wiring schematic for my 2011 WS 23 LSV?

11 minutes ago, JoeBu said:

@asnowmanThank you very much for the pic. I did look under the gunnel and only saw a black set of wires just hanging back there. I'll take another look and see about the blue ones also.

BTW any chance you know where I could get my hands on a full wiring schematic for my 2011 WS 23 LSV?

Blue wires should be there, mine are all sticky and blackened from electrical tape.

Full wiring schematic, maybe someone has it and will let you know, but i would say call a dealer or malibu.