Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford Fosgate MR5BB issue

kosar

Hi There,

We just upgraded from our 98 Sunsetter to a 13 wakesetter LSV a couple weeks ago and everything seems to be working as advertised except the Rockford Fosgate unit(and the assist shocks for the tower but I can figure that one out :) ).  We can control the radio from the maliview and radio unit in the backseat but the buttons on the MR5BB will not work. There is power to the unit and when a change is made from the other 2 controls, the MR5BB display will reflect the changes but nothing from the buttons on the unit itself. I did not witness it (was parking the trailer) but I’m told the unit was working when we first launched the boat. I looked in the manual and assumed the unit got inadvertently locked but nothing when I hold the sel and disp buttons for 3 secs as described in the manual. I also tried turning the power off to both batteries in hopes of resetting the unit. I did my best to trace the wires and looked at the receiver unit but nothing obvious. The boat is super clean and only has 127 hrs so all of the wiring looks like it did from the factory. Any other tips/tricks for resetting the unit or unlocking the buttons or thoughts on what is happening. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Edited by kosar
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 9:16 PM, kosar said:

We can control the radio from the maliview and radio unit in the backseat but the buttons on the MR5BB will not work. There is power to the unit and when a change is made from the other 2 controls, the MR5BB display will reflect the changes but nothing from the buttons on the unit itself. I did not witness it (was parking the trailer) but I’m told the unit was working when we first launched the boat. I looked in the manual and assumed the unit got inadvertently locked but nothing when I hold the sel and disp buttons for 3 secs as described in the manual. I also tried turning the power off to both batteries in hopes of resetting the unit. I did my best to trace the wires and looked at the receiver unit but nothing obvious. The boat is super clean and only has 127 hrs so all of the wiring looks like it did from the factory. Any other tips/tricks for resetting the unit or unlocking the buttons or thoughts on what is happening. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same issue going on today.

In my painfully extensive experience with the POS, RFX-3000 (black box) and the the MR5 the cause of partial or non operation has always been the connections on the back of the RFX to... pick one. I finally got tired of screwing with it and pulled the amp board and soldered, strain releived and otherwise secured everything I could. Hope this helps. Bill 

• 1 month later...

My volume has been stuck on up, can’t seem to fix it. Replacing is also difficult as my remote looks a little different than mr5bb... maybe an early 2010 model?

• 2 years later...

HAving a similar issue where the buttons on the panel are not working. The unit powers up and plays fine but can’t change the station or adjust the volume. Tried the sel and disp buttons for 3 seconds in case was locked but that did nothing. Isolated the power and it reset as the time went to 12:00 but problem still there. Were you able to solve your issue?