Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ported 12W6v3 in my 2016 22VLX

Slurpee

A little more monkeying around with cardboard templates and the router, and I've got my captain's speaker back! Yay!

I'm not sure how I'll get the two heater snorkels back into this mix, but I've got till winter to puzzle that out. :)

43064773612_d57eb66d5e_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

I’ve got the Sketch-up file. PM me an email and I’ll send it to you for inspiration. I had to fit it in there with a heater core so it was tight. I recommend mocking it up out of cardboard and test fitting things. 

20 hours ago, Slurpee said:

I’ve got the Sketch-up file. PM me an email and I’ll send it to you for inspiration. I had to fit it in there with a heater core so it was tight. I recommend mocking it up out of cardboard and test fitting things. 

PM Sent

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Folks.  Here's the sketchup plans for the sub box and the WinISD model of both it and the recommended ported design by JL for this driver. 

Lot's of y'all have PM'd me.  So here it is for everyone.  I have it mounted on some simple 2x4s laying on the floor to get the height right.

I recommend before you go cutting you mock this up with some cardboard and test fit.  Modify as you see fit.

Ported Box Design 8.skp

New Sub Box.wpr

JL Ported Sub Box.wpr