Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005 lsv props

Smeltz

Hello fell Malibu peeps. I would like to get some feed back on a issue I am having with my 2005 23lsv.  I live in Canada BC, Kelowna Area. We surf three to four times a week. Are fuel prices are through the roof so I am looking to lower the amount we use. So I am going to the first thing I could think of. The prop.  Are rpms are at 3200-3500 at 10.5 mph when surfing.  My question is there a prop out there that will lower the rpms to 2500-2800rpm? Please chim in if you can help or know someone that have this prop. Used or not. Thx guys

I see that you followed @tvano's suggested thread and commented.  I wanted to add here that from just the standpoint of physics, you aren't going to get a free lunch.  In other words, work is work, and power is power.  

Even without the issue of lugging the engine, lowering the RPM for the same task would require more throttle.  In fact, you would have to add throttle until the engine load was the same. 

Load is essentially RPM times absolute manifold pressure, so looking at RPM alone is not what will save fuel. 

Regards, 

- Just Gary 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:33 PM, tvano said:

check out this thread: 

I wouldn't dare trust that thread as the end all, be all.  A lot of important unanswered questions and BS in there.

OP:  Here is my Vdrive prop guide to get you looking at some of your options:
http://themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/50088-acme-v-drive-prop-comparison-guide/

Edited by Nitrousbird