Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 247 Wakesetter Surf Set Up’s

Highaltmalibu

Recently purchased and looking for help with surf set ups! Any recommendations or setups that work for y'all? Has 2 rear 1 Center 1 Front & 2 extra sac in the rear lockers. I also have a Mission Delta. Let me know of you have any ideas! The is for the help

There are lots of threads on this.  In fact it takes a while to search through but you will find lots of good advice.  One thing that is pretty universal is bow weight.  Not sure what bags you have in the lockers but 910 to 1100 is recommended.    It seems you want to shoot for somewhere in the 60% rear to 40% bow/mid ship range.  The bigger the boat the better the potential but it takes a lot of ballast to get there.

My 07 247 with gates does not like extra bow weight over the stock tank.  I will fill an extra 500lb bag and set it on the floor in the walk-thru above midship tank.  I run about 1300lbs of bags and "redneck lead" in each rear. 

@TimbrSS has the same hull and runs similar weight but runs ~600lbs additional in the bow (iirc).  He has GSA on his boat and I'd say his wave was a little better than mine.  I think the 2 systems require different weighting.

my 2009 247 didn't seem to need any bow weight either.  Without a gate, we put about 2100 lbs in the back surf side locker and on the seat in front of it in the rear corner.  With a home made gate, we put 1100 in both rear lockers.  Either produced a great wake, but gated was somewhat preferable to non gated in terms of wake, plus way way easier to change sides.

8 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

My 07 247 with gates does not like extra bow weight over the stock tank.  I will fill an extra 500lb bag and set it on the floor in the walk-thru above midship tank.  I run about 1300lbs of bags and "redneck lead" in each rear. 

@TimbrSS has the same hull and runs similar weight but runs ~600lbs additional in the bow (iirc).  He has GSA on his boat and I'd say his wave was a little better than mine.  I think the 2 systems require different weighting.

I do have a 1000# sac in the bow, along with 100# of lead and the factory ballast tank.... I don't always run all of it, really depends on crew, or what type of wave I want. Tall and short wave, low bow weight. 80% height, but 50% longer: bow weight helps.