Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018T22 - Underseat Light Wire ID/Location

Looking to tap into the wire harness in my 2018 T22 that controls the stock underseat lighting (that I do not have from the factory). I want to control the aftermarket system I am planning to put in from the helm. 

Any idea how to identify and tap into that, or color of the wires and locations throughout the boat? Tried looking to find it off the back 

Ideally I would locate the controller (RGB LED System) near the battery location under the passenger and I could hide the controller. 

Thanks in advance! - - JB

the back of the pads should have wires and the fuse box is labeled you can prob start there (the fuse box is behind the pads at least on the 17s it is)

I will check on the breaker panel for identification of the wires. I cannot remember if that panel has underseat lights identified individually. 

4 hours ago, mnwakerider said:

@agarabaghi thanks for the help! What are the pads you are referring to? The seat backs? Something under the helm? Or a section that the lights would have been mounted to? 

He is referring to the “soft touch” buttons on the dash panels. You should be able to trace wires from there to the fuses. 

• Like 1

I removed the bottom of the helm cover below the steering wheel and played around and it looks like the Soft Touch Panel goes to a single harness (not individual leads to a fuse). Not sure how to trace back from there. Will try again tonight and see what I find along with the breaker panel. 

Tried tracing everything back from the touch pad, but really struck out without taking the harness out from its zip tie place holder job. I did find the fuse holder under the dash, but nothing labeled or IDd as lights (saw ballast, ignition, etc). Also, nothing on the breaker panel. 

If anybody has the stock lights, can you see what color wires are connected to the light after the pigtail?