Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Victoria Factor PCX vs Brigade ??

mrothwell

Looking for a new board.  I'm currently riding an old Triple X skim that I like, but it's really out-dated and has become the boat board.  I'm an OK surfer and have found that I prefer the skim style to the surf style.  I can get 360's on my Triple X, but it's a bit slow and I loose the wake most of the time.  I'm about 185 lbs.

With that background... I'm looking for something that isn't super expensive but a good board to progress on.  The Victoria Factor PCX looks like a great board for my needs, and I've heard good things about brigade from some locals.  I can pick up a 2017 PCX for what I consider a good price, but Brigade is literally 3 miles from my house, and there's something to be said for supporting the local guy.  A friend swears by his Hyperlite HiFi, but I have no idea how it compares.  I just want to have fun with some spins and learn a few new things.  Also, how is build quality of these boards as far as longevity?

Thanks. 

The only brigade that compares to a Victoria is the Jake Caster house series. Everything else is made in Asia and uses cheaper/softer eps foam instead of high denisiry closed cell pvc foam(divinicell). But I don’t believe the Jake Caster board is even vacuum made instead of made in a mold. 

All Victorias are made in the use using pvc cores and are vacuum bagged to be lighter, stronger, and most importantly stiffer. And the PCX is completely wrapped in carbon fiber to make it even lighter and stiffer. 

Both shapes are very good, but I think the brigade is way over priced for what it is