Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 23LSV Electrical Issue??

2nd post for today. Not a good day. :cry:

Yesterday I was filling ballast and noticed the voltage dropping. Quickly switched to combine the batteries and voltage went right up. Clearly I have a bad accessory battery. Here is the strange thing. By the time I switched, the voltage was down to about 10V (boat not running) and now the 12V plugs don't work. Also, the wedge deployed itself down and will not go back up. I can make it go up by moving the breaker to bypass, but the wedge will not go up by pressing the button on Malivue.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Not sure on your voltage issue but in order for the wedge to go up, thd boat needs to be going 2-3 mph due to safety reasons. If you are trying to raise it on the trailer, have someone spin the paddld wheel under the boat to trick it into thinking the boat is moving.

If you don’t have a solid 12v to the dash the electrical gremlins will come out and you will start to lose functions in all kinds of places. You other battery may be about toast as well. If you haven’t been tempting fate by messing with something electrical, I would get both batteries checked and go from there.

The wedge deployed on its own when I had this electrical issue. Tried putting it up when under power about 3 mph...no luck. That is when i switched to the bypass to see if I could force it up which I could easily.

Will be getting both new batteries. It is definitely time. Will see if that has any affect, but I am skeptical. Would be nice if that easy though.

So I replaced both batteries since I am sure the 2nd one was ready to go any time now, also. The wedge issue corrected itself.

Any ideas on the 12V accessory outlets? Does anyone know exactly where the fuse/breaker is for these? This is the only issue I have now. The panel next to the driver has what looks like a breaker for these, but it is not tripped. Is there a way to test it?

Thanks.

Get underneath the dash, look up, you'll see two black boxes to the left (if facing stern) of the helm.  The fuses for the wedge are in there.  Seems your battery replacement fixed that issue though.  

@zornman another worthwhile investment is a pro mariner charger to keep your batteries fully charged when not being used.  As mentioned these computers dont like low voltage and really like fully charged batteries.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

No more issues with the wedge. New batteries solved that problem.

I still have no power to the 12V plugs. Haven't been able to find a fuse or breaker issue. I assume the accessory breaker is the one for these. How do you test one of these breakers? (The ones next to the driver). It looks like the must pop out when tripped, but I don't see a way to test them.

Is anyone aware of another fuse/breaker for these?

may not be of any value here but yesterday i was troubleshooting my power wedge and had to pull the sub/ sub baffle out of my boat to gain access to under the helm. there were a few oddball inline fuses and relays under there along with the power wedge module which is what i was hunting. 

I had a similar issue in that area, but it was for the master ignition power. A loose female spade clip would have loose contact and work, I would hit a wave and then it wouldn’t. High pucker factor near a tug boat. I ended pulling the panel so could access the wires to recrimp it. You might have a similar issue. A quick test would be to plug in an inflatable pump or other noise making device and smack that panel area to see if you get power to the pump. post-14628-0-83590100-1354891996_thumb.jpg