Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best tool for removing rear ballast pumps?

DylanR

Looking for a tool to make it easier to remove the rear ballast pumps next to the vdrive. I’ve taken it out before with a crescent wrench but it was a bit too long. 

Other than cutting the wrench in half does anyone have any recommendations? I’m not replacing pump just need to get to my shaft packing to tighten more. 

Just went through this this weekend. Couldn't get a single tool on there. 
I removed the wire, and the hose, but left the motor in the housing, and squeezed and turned as hard as I could. Took 3-4 BIG tries but finally got it to turn. 

Reason I'm saying I left the motor in is because I tired with it out and it just flexed the plastic housing. 

I’ve taken it out before with a longer wrench but just looking for something smaller. May just have to cut one in half...