Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Liquid Edge

martho

Hey Doug,

Just a reminder that the Illinois flyin (Hydrofoil) at lake Clinton is August 16-19. We will be staying at the DNR group site (Camp Quest). Troy Weber stopped by and talked to you earlier this summer. Please stop by and see us. Let me know if you have any questions or need directions to Camp Quest. Jim

Thanks to the Crew for spreading the word about The Liquid Edge. Seems like weekly I get calls from skiers who have read your comments on the board. Just got one today. Keep up the good work. Summer is coming to a close, if the crew wants to put something together for this year, let me know.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

caught ya! so now your starting to check out the malibu-crew site. i will have u switching to malibu's yet!!

DALE

Thanks to the Crew for spreading the word about The Liquid Edge. Seems like weekly I get calls from skiers who have read your comments on the board. Just got one today. Keep up the good work. Summer is coming to a close, if the crew wants to put something together for this year, let me know.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

caught ya! so now your starting to check out the malibu-crew site. i will have u switching to malibu's yet!!

DALE

Doug's a good guy and is always helpful! We don't need to bust his chops about which brand he's rep'in Biggrin.gif He's still young and will learn....

It was a borrow pit for the interstate which borders the property to the north. Doug dug (say that several times) out the turn islands and now has a fantastic site.

When I was down there, Cox was in town doing a clinic. I didn't register for the clinic as I didn't know about it and didn't get there until about 5pm. Doug still found the time to get me a pull while selling wakeboards in the pro-shop, his wife cooking dinner with Cox, and others around getting ready to ride. It sure is nice to have a place like this around.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

Hey that was me that called!! Still trying to get a date finalized with the group.

Thanks for all your help Doug, and you will be hearing from me this week!!

Judy

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

DALE

Doug's a good guy and is always helpful! We don't need to bust his chops about which brand he's rep'in Biggrin.gif He's still young and will learn....

just giving him $..t i am there all the time. we always argue the malibu/MC thing. he is a MC guy,,,,but now that he has been out on my vlx a couple times,,,,,,,he may be thinking... right doug? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

DALE

just giving him $..t i am there all the time. we always argue the malibu/MC thing. he is a MC guy,,,,but now that he has been out on my vlx a couple times,,,,,,,he may be thinking... right doug? :)

I guess I need to check the crew out a little more often than once a month.

JAT1063 - We are set up for tomorrow. Thanks for getting your group together.

YJIM - I'm hoping to head out to the Flyin for a couple hours on Friday. I'm coaching all afternoon, but I'd like to take a new X2 or X45 out to the lake to check you guys out.

Skisix - again thanks for the word. Don't worry about wakbord11. I'm converting him over to the course, little by little. He is about to give up on boarding and go with the swervy stick.

Wakbord11 - see you tonight

that looks like a great site.

how did it all come about if anyone knows? was it just a ditch and they filled it with water?

The lake has been around for a while. It was just a pond (borrow pit) for interstate 74 calling out to be a ski lake. We have had to do a lot of work to make it usable. Shorelines, turn islands, etc. The first weekend we had a course on it, two people stopped by and asked for lessons. Everything has exploded since then. HO and Hyperlite were the first to jump on board. Then the Malibu Crew came out. Now, MC, Radar, Ronix and a bunch of others. We pull slalom and wakeboard everyday. Sell MC's, service all inboards, chat on web sites and occasionally get to ski ourselves. It is a great time. If you ever get a chance to stop by, or need something, let me know. Hopefully I'll get the website up to date some day. Until then, back to the water, Ummm work.

Doug

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

Hey that was me that called!! Still trying to get a date finalized with the group.

Thanks for all your help Doug, and you will be hearing from me this week!!

Judy

Judy - the kids were great. They all seemed to have a great time. Hope to see them again.

Doug

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

DALE

YJIM - I'm hoping to head out to the Flyin for a couple hours on Friday. I'm coaching all afternoon, but I'd like to take a new X2 or X45 out to the lake to check you guys out.

Skisix - again thanks for the word. Don't worry about wakbord11. I'm converting him over to the course, little by little. He is about to give up on boarding and go with the swervy stick.

Great news!!!!

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com

DALE

Great news!!!!

lets just say i am kinda "testing the waters". will never be truly "converted",,,just maybe expanding my horizons a little. got to find something easier now that i am getting too old to wakeboard well. :) something about riding with your feet "heel to toe" just doesnt feel right!!

Doug:

Just wanted to drop a little note, everyone came back very excited and pleased with your site. They are already trying to figure out when they can come back down there. Thumbup.gif

Mark's back is still very sore and a little swollen, hoping to be skiing again this weekend. I think he wrenched it or pulled a muscle. He is pretty frustrated, he has never injured himself before.

They all really like the Monza ALOT. What bindings did they use? Rockon.gif

Thanks for the wonderful hospitality, and they will be recomending your place to everyone they talk to.

Thanks Again!

Judy

Doug:

Just wanted to drop a little note, everyone came back very excited and pleased with your site. They are already trying to figure out when they can come back down there. Thumbup.gif

Mark's back is still very sore and a little swollen, hoping to be skiing again this weekend. I think he wrenched it or pulled a muscle. He is pretty frustrated, he has never injured himself before.

They all really like the Monza ALOT. What bindings did they use? Rockon.gif

Thanks for the wonderful hospitality, and they will be recomending your place to everyone they talk to.

Thanks Again!

Judy

Judy - I had them running a 66" Monza with Double Animal bindings (one hole back). .725 dft, 6.830 jaws (6.930 tips), 2.525 dpth.

They are welcome anytime, let me know if they need anything.

Doug