Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Liquid Edge

martho

Site

On Monday, Edwin and I spent the afternoon at The Liquid Edge in Farmer City, IL located between Champaign and Bloomington, IL. This is highway borrow pit which has been turned into a slalom lake with two courses and turn islands. The owner's name is Doug and he is a great guy to hang out with and a good teacher. There is a 06 PS197 and a full stock pro shop with lots of options for demos just waiting for you. The price is unbeatable seeing that you get a driver, the boat, the course, fantastic private lake water....oh and he gives instruction, too. This is truly a show up and ski lake. Even if you dont have gear, his demo program will get you on the water in no time.

If anyone in the midwest is looking for a place to ski and some instruction, I would highly recommend visiting The Liquid Edge.

We liked it so much, a few of the bu crew are going back in Oct and we're going to plan a weekend in April 07.

This is a monster picture, however it shows the lake very well At the high resolution, you can clearly see both slalom courses in the water.

Edited by martho

I'll be working with Doug to plan some bu crew events starting in the spring. I booked the lake for a day in early Oct, we've already got a full group lined up. We should be able to handle a larger group in the spring, but we're pushing it to get in 6 skiers non with the shorter days. I'll put a note out here if one of the group cancels.

edwin

mrs. edwin

martho

2 thumbs

GToad

Hoover

I may be making a trip there in the next two weeks. I have some work close and will try to set up a couple sets with Doug. I will keep ya informed.

October looks to be a full crew and a good time.

Then that's what I'll do.

I have an S50 (decent camera) and a DVD camcorder (very fun), but if someone has a truly kick a$$ camera like Rip's, bring it and the outcome might be better.

If you do that how will you and your epuipment not get wet from the shedding you guy are going to do?

Well my plan is to shave my head, paint it orange and become 4 ball. That should be some good pics.

You are glad I'm not coming along, that's usually the ball I hit, oh, I mean "displace".

Well my plan is to shave my head, paint it orange and become 4 ball. That should be some good pics.

You are glad I'm not coming along, that's usually the ball I hit, oh, I mean "displace".

Better the four ball than a drive bouy. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'll second Toad's comments...awesome day at The Liquid Edge. Doug and Christina are great peeps and are building a great set-up. Props to Edwin for serving as event coordinator and bringing along a stocked cooler.

Thanks for making the trek GToad...great to finally put a name with a face. I'll work with Doug to get another group outing set for early spring once the water starts to warm a tad.

I'll have to see if I can get some of 2Thumbs videos downloaded to the PC, as there were more OTF's than I've seen in one day, myself included.

I got skisix off to the airport this am, he looked kinda tired :)

Good times!

It was nice to meet more bu crew members and have amazing weather for October.

We all had some good falls, but I wanna see video of 2Thumbs OTF ROFL.gif

Good times all the way around, but the video of my OTF (which one!) may get lost in editing.... Tongue.gif

Too bad the camcorder was on the dock when "hot-nose" nailed a perfect cartwheel across the second wake....

Good times all the way around, but the video of my OTF (which one!) may get lost in editing.... Tongue.gif

Too bad the camcorder was on the dock when "hot-nose" nailed a perfect cartwheel across the second wake....

I think it must be a midwest thing but are OTF's all the rage? You guys are dangerous! As the day went along I found myself not wanting to sit by ya'll fearing the OTF disease would catch me. Fun times, well worth the trip and my thanks to Edwin!

Thanks for making the trek GToad...great to finally put a name with a face. I'll work with Doug to get another group outing set for early spring once the water starts to warm a tad.

I'll have to see if I can get some of 2Thumbs videos downloaded to the PC, as there were more OTF's than I've seen in one day, myself included.

I was tired from plucking you guys out of the water after your OTF's. I was doing that more than I was skiing. I never would have known a person, I won't name which, could go against gravity and leap off the water from an OTF!

I was tired from plucking you guys out of the water after your OTF's. I was doing that more than I was skiing. I never would have known a person, I won't name which, could go against gravity and leap off the water from an OTF!

Which one was that?

Growing up in the midwest I can tell you we either do it all the way or not at all Rockon.gif so stay tuned, there will be more Biggrin.gif

Not you, although your OTF right at the wake was the most brutal crash of the day. Thumbs actually leaped upward on one, there were others, of his OTF's.

You must not have been in the boat when I was crapping my way through 38 on my first or second set. Doug's comment was "that was determination". It doesn't say in the rule book that if you go hard you have to go OTF.

• 9 months later...

Another bump for

LE site

I was there again last week. Great place and the proshop has grown. He has also become a MC dealer.

If you are anywhere near here, I HIGHLY encourage you to stop.

Thanks to the Crew for spreading the word about The Liquid Edge. Seems like weekly I get calls from skiers who have read your comments on the board. Just got one today. Keep up the good work. Summer is coming to a close, if the crew wants to put something together for this year, let me know.

Doug

www.theliquidedge.com