Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me pick. Which rims do you like better Ultra or Mayhem?

Imracin68j

I had a major blowout this weekend.  I had no spare.  I'm converting my 14 inch to 18s.  Which one of these do you like?  The mayhem or the ultra?

mayhem_zps4duau75l.jpg

mayhem1_zpscw2r2pjl.jpg

:plus1:  First thing I thought how many spare wheels.  That low profile and pot holes are not a good thing. For me they make cars truck and trailers look like old horse drawn wagons.  But then I am and old out dated fart.

Mayhem

But, both look great. I wouldn't do that big though. Other thing to consider, the tires flex as you pivot that trailer around, if its a stiff tire its not going to like sharp turns. And those low profile tires would not make 1 season where we live.

21 minutes ago, tbullard said:

Won't you also need to change the fenders if you switch to 18's?

Yes he will or do modifications to the inner fender liner. Even with modifications I don’t think he would get 18”. I did 17” on my old Malibu with fender mod and just had enough room 

Did you say what you picked?

I like the Ultra better of those two options.  

Great photoshop by the way.  

Edited by TallRedRider

Contrarian I guess.  I vote for the Mayhem.  Like how the accent on the spokes flows with the white gelcoat color.   

Edited by ORMailbuboater
7 hours ago, wheelman said:

Yes he will or do modifications to the inner fender liner. Even with modifications I don’t think he would get 18”. I did 17” on my old Malibu with fender mod and just had enough room 

18" can fit with a decent amount of modifications (mine did).  That said, I highly recommend just upgrading fenders, which is what I will be doing this year. 

Oh, Ultra.