Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wicked wakesurf still around?

91SkiWi

I’ve been messing with surf wedges since last year, I’ve gone through 7 different ones and still can’t find one that really gives a great curl. I’ve read numerous posts the one to have is the wicked one that imitates the Malibu surfgate style tab. Their website doesn’t work and I can’t find any info on who to email; does anyone have any insight as to if they are still making these?

I have the same boat as you and I have both goofy and regular sides I can sell you.  Are you interested? I’m not sure what it costs to ship? I only used it a few times. We usually wakeboard. 

• Like 1

Are you running a slight list on the surf side?  If not, this will help clean it up.  Also, curl does not add push IMO.  It is more a factor of having too steep of a wave due to not enough bow weight.

Edited by Brodie
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, 91SkiWi said:

2007 vlx, 1100 in each rear, wedge, and 300 in the middle. 

If you are running 2200 pounds in the back and only 300 in the middle plus none in the bow it will not matter what surf device your use. you need the boat more equally weighted then that. You are probably washing out whatever surf device you have tried with all of that rear weight.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, 91SkiWi said:

Generally have no one in the back and 4 people in the front and everyone else In the middle, human ballasts

I'd say that is still not enough bow weight to overcome all the stern weight.  Need to aim for 40%/60% split bow/stern.  If you have 2200lbs plus 1000 lbs for wedge (approx) for 3300lbs in the rear you need 1320LBS in the bow and midship areas to even it out. 

I have a 23 foot and have 900lbs bags in the rear (1800lbs) plus wedge 1000 (approx), total 2800.

500 midship 

Around 700 in the bow.  

And a suck gate. 

Depending on passengers and where they sit can impact if I have to drain some rear ballast on one side or the other or both.  

Edited by blk93jeepzj
additional info

Factory midship is 500. 

Factory bow 250, additional bow bag 275, approx 200 lbs of lead. 

Can surf with as little as a driver and observer. 

The rear bags usually are not filled all the way. Around 750ish if I had to approximate.

Your boat has a smaller hull so I doubt you need the rear bags filled all the way since you are also using a surf device. But more bow weight is needed to even it out. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Factory midship is 500. 

Factory bow 250, additional bow bag 275, approx 200 lbs of lead. 

Can surf with as little as a driver and observer. 

The rear bags usually are not filled all the way. Around 750ish if I had to approximate.

Your boat has a smaller hull so I doubt you need the rear bags filled all the way since you are also using a surf device. But more bow weight is needed to even it out. 

thank you! I'll try this!

On 6/19/2018 at 8:36 AM, 91SkiWi said:

2007 vlx, 1100 in each rear, wedge, and 300 in the middle. 

Put a 3-500 sack in the bow. Problem solved. No reason it shouldn’t work. We run stock mls 1100 in the corners and the 3-500 in the nose. 11.2-11.8 mph 

On 6/19/2018 at 2:31 PM, blk93jeepzj said:

I'd say that is still not enough bow weight to overcome all the stern weight.  Need to aim for 40%/60% split bow/stern.  If you have 2200lbs plus 1000 lbs for wedge (approx) for 3300lbs in the rear you need 1320LBS in the bow and midship areas to even it out. 

I have a 23 foot and have 900lbs bags in the rear (1800lbs) plus wedge 1000 (approx), total 2800.

500 midship 

Around 700 in the bow.  

And a suck gate. 

Depending on passengers and where they sit can impact if I have to drain some rear ballast on one side or the other or both.  

almost the same here

I also have 400 in the rear coffins and 1000 in front.

Run with driver and me up to 10 people in boat... depending on people in boat I change my wedge position or no wedge at all

GoSurfAssist 

11.8 - 12.8 in speed range

IMG_20160117_141307630_zpsdfwycqs9.jpg

Edited by kerpluxal
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2018-06-19 at 7:19 AM, Dodger40 said:

I have the same boat as you and I have both goofy and regular sides I can sell you.  Are you interested? I’m not sure what it costs to ship? I only used it a few times. We usually wakeboard. 

Hi, do you still have this for the regular side? thanks.