Sign in to follow this  
Frenchy

Trailer ID/Certification plate

Frenchy

Hi All,

I've bought an old 80's Malibu Skier and am in the process of refurbishing the trailer. It had a plate up by the tow hitch that was half stripped off and i'm searching to find what information would have been on it as i'd like to recreate it.

I"ll try and figure out how to upload some pics shortly :)

Any ideas or pics of what the plate should look like? 

thanks, Frenchy

Frenchy
IMG_0596

IMG_0251

IMG_0713

Edited by Frenchy
figured out how to put in pics :)

Frenchy

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Asmodeus2112

This may not help, but on my 2005 era trailer the sticker was completely unreadable. I emailed Malibu with my boats HIN and they told me the VIN of the trailer. They may have had a copy of the trailers specs too. I then contacted the trailer mfg with the VIN and they told me everything I needed to know about the trailers specs. Maybe a chance they would have an image of a sticker, don't know. That looks like a Dorsey trailer, and I think they are out of business. Also, just noticed your trailer isn't the original trailer unless they called Skiers Tantrums. 

Net net I'm probably not helping you at all, but your work on the trailer looks great! 

Frenchy

I’ve contacted Malibu and a few other places this was my last resort. I think I’m just going to make my own custom plate as I have the ratted weight ect. 

Cheers for your input tho much appreciated!