Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check Wedge Cal

2016 25 LSV PW2  my wedge is stuck in down position. I’ve done a little searching but have to come up with a solution. Few questions? Is this a one man job or do I need someone at the controls? I thought that I would be able to move the wedge in the debug screen but I was not able to get the wedge to move. Thanks in advance the crew has always had solutions for me.

Happy Father’s Day 

F0FEACFD-541A-4E35-ADAE-3D781910C49B.jpeg

0702EEB6-6C1D-4088-BF1E-637373A4454C.jpeg

452989FD-3867-47C8-ACC6-9DDA3946FA43.jpeg

Too new for me.   Does it still have to be moving to raise?   Or are there override controls for that too.   For older ones we had to spin paddle wheel at same time (or w/ Wake logic controller can input 5 mph to trick).    Wish I was more help for the new boats.  

The debug screen doesn't require the boat to be moving.

If the wedge won;t move at all it sounds like either the main breaker or the wedge breaker is tripped. If the surfgates will move it is the wedge breaker. You should be able ot find them in the back of the boat.

If it's in the fully down position you are in the right place to adjust the sensor.

You are looking for a A/D value of 0 and a voltage value of 0.49-0.52. Shake the wedge when you think you have it set and make sure it stays in the voltage range.

It's a PITA to get right, Sensor is touchy. Also, when you think it is set pull your screwdriver away. Over time a lot of them develop some magnetism from use. This will skew the measurement.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
typo

Just recently did the cal myself last week.  Below is quickie procedure I wrote up from what others have posted here.  With the wedge in lift mode the voltage should be between 0.51 & 0.53v.  Easy to do with two people.  One is a pain going back and forth to read the voltage.    

PW2 Wedge Calibration Procedure

1)    Go to the settings menu on your 7 inch screen, select debug assist and put the wedge all the way down (to the lift position) using the controls on the 12 inch screen, joystick pad or using the minus icon on the debug assist screen.  The wedge voltage should be 0.51 to 0.53 with wedge down.  The wedge calibration is done by adjusting the sensor while watching the reference voltage.

2)    To adjust, loosen the two screws on the sensor on the starboard wedge arm and pivot the sensor to change the voltage on the debug screen.

3)    Tighten the screws when it is in the correct range.  If the bolt under the sensor is loose, it may need to be tightened so the sensor adjustment will not vary.  

4)    The wedge can be lifted using the plus icon on the debug screen.

Additional Notes

·   The fuse boxes under the dash has a wedge up and wedge down fuse.  Each has a bypass position next to the fuse.  If you insert a good fuse into the bypass position for wedge down, it should move.  The fuse cover has the fuse position and bypass position number on it that corresponds to the correct position on the fuse board. The power button must be on and fuse box led blinking.  If it does not move, there may be a wiring, connection or power/fuse box issue.  If it moves, you may have an issue with the 7 inch viper 2.  

See if the date tag on the back of your 7 inch viper 2 is between 02/06/15 to 07/31/15.  Some of them had issues and your dealer can help you with it.

·   There is a red screw on the top of the ram assembly that is a bypass. Use a shorty flat head screwdriver and loosen it all the way. Pull wedge back to the stow position, hold and then tighten the screw back.

·   The wedge has a red hydraulic bypass valve on the top of the actuator.  It can be accessed through a hole in the top of the wedge bracket.  If you turn it counter clockwise about three turns the wedge can be lifted or lowered by hand, then the valve can be turned clockwise and locked into place.

·   The surf gate actuators also have a red bypass valve that works the same way.  You can use a 10 mm wrench on those.

1 hour ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Just recently did the cal myself last week.  Below is quickie procedure I wrote up from what others have posted here.  With the wedge in lift mode the voltage should be between 0.51 & 0.53v.  Easy to do with two people.  One is a pain going back and forth to read the voltage.    

PW2 Wedge Calibration Procedure

1)    Go to the settings menu on your 7 inch screen, select debug assist and put the wedge all the way down (to the lift position) using the controls on the 12 inch screen, joystick pad or using the minus icon on the debug assist screen.  The wedge voltage should be 0.51 to 0.53 with wedge down.  The wedge calibration is done by adjusting the sensor while watching the reference voltage.

2)    To adjust, loosen the two screws on the sensor on the starboard wedge arm and pivot the sensor to change the voltage on the debug screen.

3)    Tighten the screws when it is in the correct range.  If the bolt under the sensor is loose, it may need to be tightened so the sensor adjustment will not vary.  

4)    The wedge can be lifted using the plus icon on the debug screen.

Additional Notes

·   The fuse boxes under the dash has a wedge up and wedge down fuse.  Each has a bypass position next to the fuse.  If you insert a good fuse into the bypass position for wedge down, it should move.  The fuse cover has the fuse position and bypass position number on it that corresponds to the correct position on the fuse board. The power button must be on and fuse box led blinking.  If it does not move, there may be a wiring, connection or power/fuse box issue.  If it moves, you may have an issue with the 7 inch viper 2.  

See if the date tag on the back of your 7 inch viper 2 is between 02/06/15 to 07/31/15.  Some of them had issues and your dealer can help you with it.

·   There is a red screw on the top of the ram assembly that is a bypass. Use a shorty flat head screwdriver and loosen it all the way. Pull wedge back to the stow position, hold and then tighten the screw back.

·   The wedge has a red hydraulic bypass valve on the top of the actuator.  It can be accessed through a hole in the top of the wedge bracket.  If you turn it counter clockwise about three turns the wedge can be lifted or lowered by hand, then the valve can be turned clockwise and locked into place.

·   The surf gate actuators also have a red bypass valve that works the same way.  You can use a 10 mm wrench on those.

Thanks I'll try it out tomorrow.  I'm hoping for an easy fix or I'll be making the 8 hour drive to AWS.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

Thanks I'll try it out tomorrow.  I'm hoping for an easy fix or I'll be making the 8 hour drive to AWS.

Good luck.  One more thing.  You need a stubby Phillips screwdriver to loosen and tighten the bolts.   Be sure when you finish and raise the wedge back to the stow position that the voltage is 3.5V.   I accidentally went too far and the wedge did not work when I was on the water till I lowered the wedge via the debug to under 3.5V.  Once that was done it stowed and worked perfectly into the lift mode all last weekend for me.  Hope this does the trick!  

• 2 years later...

I played with the power wedge sensor yesterday cant get it below 3.16 V.  Is there something i'm doing wrong?  I've loosened it and twisted it 3 different ways and retightened it and still cant get past the 3.16 V, i even tightened the outter bolt thats conencted to the wedge that the inner sensor is mounted to on the inside somehow.  Any help would be usefull.  Also the dam surf tabs do not work either unless i go to the maintenence calibration on the surf tabs and they both push out, but individually they will not push out using any controls next to the stereo controls and the screen controls none of it works.  But the maintenence button works and pushes all tabs out.  Is there something i'm missing?  I have a 2017 malibu 25 LSV wedge 3.  Do i need to do this in the water not in my shop?  What options do i have except taking it to the dealer they are 3 months out..  

The wedge still stores manually using the power wedge debug control with 3.16V.

Thanks in advance,

New malibu owner.

Set the sensor to the center.

Put wedge in full lift position (all the way down).

Use a 3/4" (going off of memory) to loosen the nut on the other side of the arm where the sensor is located.

1/4" allen wrench on the outside of the stud on that side.

Turn stud slowly to see if you can get it close. If so, snug the 3/4" bolt up.

Do a fine adjustment with the sensor.

Make sure you test afterwards, yo can get the bolt 180 degrees out.

If that doesn't work it sounds like a bad sensor.