Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rode a Soulcraft Emily - now I must own one

Nitrousbird

Wakefest 2018 just finished (trip a group of us friends do every year) at Lake Norman.  We had a couple guests out, including someone sponsored by Soulcraft.  After riding the Emily, I am in love.  Got to ride 3 new boards this trip; Phase 5 Hammerhead, Doomswell Neo (I believe it was the Neo) and the Emily.

Wasn't a fan of the Hammerhead.  The Doomswell was great...it was even for sale but riding the Emily made sure I didn't buy it.  Boy that board was responsive, great control, easy to recover.  It could spin easy without being out of control...I really liked it.  Since this trip usually is through Father's Day, my wife likes to celebrate that late.  Looks like the wife/daughter might be getting me a new board for father's day.  I sent an e-mail to Soulcraft to confirm the length I need (6'3", 205lbs).  Pretty damn impressed with it to say the least.

My normal board is a Triple X Nitro with a skim style 3 fin setup, as even a single surf FCS fin is way too tight...this is my main point of comparison.  After looking at the rest of the Soulcraft lineup, the only other contender would be the Da Honu..any reason to go with that over The Emily?  It's not easy to get boards to try out around here so that's not really an option at this point.

• Like 2

Talk to Jeff at Soulcraft and let him know your thoughts. He is great is recommending boards and sizes. I have only ridden the Super AV and skim boards so I don't have much to compare it to.