Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Cover Lifts

malibucanuck

Hey everyone

I'm trying to find replacement gas lift springs for the engine cover on my 93 Eshelon.

Can anyone put me i touch with a supplier?

Thanks

Doug

Basically any auto parts store.

You might save some money if you just bring the old one into a NAPA store and have them cross reference it to a new one. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying one at any "marine" store. (And I don't mean Semper Fi.)

Don't know where to find them for the Eshelons..... Now if you have a Echelon, i would agree with these people, you will get raped at a Marine supply....just go to NAPA or Murrys or Autozone, etc..... i dont remember the exact size on the one i just replaced....just take one with you.

I just replaced the 2 for the motor box and the bow strage door and it was about $60 from the dealer for all 3. That is not to bad. I found that it was hard to find ones that had the right PSI and length that I needed. I could not find one that matched so I just called up the dealer.

SPD Hardware Get the model number off your old ones and call them and they'll tell you which one you need to replace it. I'm pretty sure this is the OEM supplier.

call these guys, and if you do any salt water at all, spend a few extra bucks and get the SS version.

You might save some money if you just bring the old one into a NAPA store and have them cross reference it to a new one. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying one at any "marine" store. (And I don't mean Semper Fi.)

Yes.gif 2nd that one.