Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tsunami 800 vs 1100 gph lower housing

Ryan1776

Just a quick mental check, the actual base housings between the 800 and 1100gph pumps are the same, correct? 
Meaning I don't have to remove the lower housing from the ball valve when upgrading the pumps, I can remove the top motor assembly itself and drop in the new 1100gph? 

The housing are identical except the outlet size is bigger on the 1100.

You can interchange them but you will not see a performance boost using a 1100 motor in an 800 housing. I kept replacing my bad pumps with 1100s and saving the housings until I had enough housings to upgrade them all and run larger hose. 

Ok cool, thank you. 
I'm also upgrading the hose as well. Just wanted to see how much disassembly I needed to do! 

I figured they were the same, thank you for confirming! 

Just to be clear if you are upgrading to larger size hose you will need to replace the 800 housings with the 1100.  The 800's have a 3/4" discharge connection the 1100's are 1 1/8" discharge.  Motors will fit in either housing.