Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleaning Canvas Covers (Malibu Stock)

I am sure I have seen a thread on this topic before (maybe back on MBO) and have searched this site and WSR without any luck this week.

I have a lot of pollen and dust collecting on my black mooring cover (stock Malibu cover that was delivered with my boat last September) that I would like to clean off.

Is it OK to powerwash these covers?

If so, would you use soap or just straight water, high/low pressure, etc.?

If not, can anybody provide an alternative solution that does not involve putting it in my washing machine or sending to the local dry cleaners?

Input/Guidance is appreciated as always!

G-Pac

I would be very carefull. I once ripped a cover using to much pressure with a powerwasher. Also you need to carefull what detergents you use because you may strip off the waterproofing. I did not have pollen but plenty of dust when I pulled my boat out of storage. I used a leaf blower to take as much of the dust off as possible and then my wife wiped it down with believe or not baby wipes. It came out great.

I personally would not power wash it. Put it on a slightly sloped driveway, a little water and dish soap with a push broom, rinse, hang and dry. Shake well once dry. Treat with 303 frabric protector.

G-Pac Posted Today, 12:25 PM

.. can anybody provide an alternative solution that does not involve putting it in my washing machine or sending to the local dry cleaners?

Use the industrial size washing machine at your nearest laundromat.

Regardless of how you clean it, be sure to treat it afterwards with 303 Fabric Protector as previously mentioned.

Thanks folks!!!!

Just the input I was looking for, will hand clean the cover today and treat with 303.

Appreciate your time.

G-Pac