Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Command Center/Maliview Issues

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know how to do a full factory reset on the Command Center/Maliview system? I see there is a "reset", but that just looks like it does nothing more than change all settings to default. I'm looking for a more comprehensive method of resetting the system: like clearing cache, removing anything left by prior updates, etc.

I have a 2015 22 VLX and I seem to be having nothing but issues with it. I bought it used last July with less than 50 hours on it and had it serviced this past March, to include an upgrade of the system. However, after the upgrade, these same issues remain. Furthermore, the new revision of the software indicates it's a 2016 update, which I find hard to believe is the latest given it was serviced in 2018.

Here is a list of issues I'm having. If anyone has any experience with these and has found a way to resolve them, I would be grateful for your help.

- UI on the Command Center and/or Maliview lock up and becomes unusable.
- Radio (typically use BT) will randomly just start turning on then off and just keeps repeating.
- BT audio volume oscillates up and down and can be rather extreme.
- SurfGate tabs get stuck.

All of the above issues can be solved with a complete power down and restart of the system.

The experience thus far has left a rather bad taste in my mouth and I'm really starting to regret leaving Moomba for this Malibu.

Also, if there are any other 2015 owners who can confirm they have a later version than 2016 for their systems, I would be grateful for that as well.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

There is a service bulletin on replacing the 2015 model screens. Might want to touch base with your dealer.

Newest software is from 2016.

Edited by 23LSVOwner

Hello 23LSVOwner,

Thank you for that. I just got off the phone with my service department and he said the only service bulletin he is aware of was the one for the screen delamination issue. However, he was going to take another look and give me a call back.

I assume if this were a delamination issue I would see physical signs, which I don't recall seeing. Also, when the UI lock-ups happen, it's for the entire screen.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this bulletin would you?

-Chris

58 minutes ago, downrange said:

Hello 23LSVOwner,

Thank you for that. I just got off the phone with my service department and he said the only service bulletin he is aware of was the one for the screen delamination issue. However, he was going to take another look and give me a call back.

I assume if this were a delamination issue I would see physical signs, which I don't recall seeing. Also, when the UI lock-ups happen, it's for the entire screen.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this bulletin would you?

-Chris

No public link that I am aware of. I havn't heard anything about delamination on the viper 2 screens.