Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

problem to make a good wake on 06 23 lsv

greenbay

Hello there is it anyone that could give me an advice on what ballast settings I should put on my wakesetter 2006 23 LSV, I am struggling to make a good wake for wake surfing the problem is I cant use extra balance on top of the seats because I am using the boat for watersports and I need to change from wake surfing to wakeboarding or boat trips in a short time, so i need the space empty for the customers to sit , I have all stock ballast on the boat and in the rear Locker a put extra ballast approximately another 300 kilo each side,  the boat dont have a wedge on,  the bass is on the boat but I never got the wadge with it, and I build my own hydraulic surf Gates on the back of the boat they seem to work pretty good , is just not big enough ! Can someone help me please ? 

Would really help to post pics to help best. What speed are you running and describe the attitude of the boat... Nose high, listed to one side, etc. What is happening with your surf gates? Are they burried under water, or is water spraying, etc.

In addition to what TimbrSS asked, I would say that you need more ballast. When I ran a homemade gate and then Wicked Wakesurf in my 06 23 LSV, I ran 11.2 - 11.5 mph, all factory ballast full, 750s in each rear locker, a 650 bow bag, and an 800 lb floor sac.  I also used, and still do, the wedge. Since your boat is not equipped with a wedge, you may need to run even more weight. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were just discussing this is another thread.  It was about a 2004 but the 2006 LSV has the same hull.

Yes. This is my exact boat, 06 23 LSV and we now get a consistent monster wake.  2 1100lb fatsacs in the rear.  All built-in ballast full and a Mission Delta device on the side.  That's it.  Works great with 2 or 8 people in the boat.  

20 minutes ago, Mddmx said:

Yes. This is my exact boat, 06 23 LSV and we now get a consistent monster wake.  2 1100lb fatsacs in the rear.  All built-in ballast full and a Mission Delta device on the side.  That's it.  Works great with 2 or 8 people in the boat.  

Not to hijack this thread... I have an LSV-2010. I just got my 1100 in the rears plumbed in. And, as was indicated by everyone on here, you can't fill em, so I was maybe 900lbs a side. (Common consensus says that's about all you get.) That being said, I had them "filled", all built in ballast, the same mission delta and it couldn't over the step. I mean there's no way to run it like that. 
Wondering what I'm missing. 
Oh and an Acme 1235. 350 engine. 3 people in the boat.  
Maybe I need to let it run out longer. But it just stayed bow 15 feet in the air without any sign of coming down. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Not to hijack this thread... I have an LSV-2010. I just got my 1100 in the rears plumbed in. And, as was indicated by everyone on here, you can't fill em, so I was maybe 900lbs a side. (Common consensus says that's about all you get.) That being said, I had them "filled", all built in ballast, the same mission delta and it couldn't over the step. I mean there's no way to run it like that. 
Wondering what I'm missing. 
Oh and an Acme 1235. 350 engine. 3 people in the boat.  
Maybe I need to let it run out longer. But it just stayed bow 15 feet in the air without any sign of coming down. :lol:

Sounds like you need bow weight and a 15" prop.

2 minutes ago, Kojak said:

Sounds like you need bow weight and a 15" prop.

I have a 400lb bag to drop in the bow and see. 
But @Mddmx says he's running fine with stock hard ballast. Granted, we don't know his prop. 
I'm unwilling to sacrifice good wakeboard speed and engine loading just to have a bigger surf wave. If we can run it with 750 in the bow and maybe 5-600 in each locker. I'll be satisfied. I don't need a North Shore wave. 

Hell, it might be good as it sits right now. Didn't have time to try it, to be honest. Looks bigger in person. 

If your bow is way too high then you have too much weight in the rear.  Try the 400 in the bow and fill your rear bags to somewhere around 750 lbs.  Then use the wedge to help give you more push.  You could even add some weight midships.  In my 06 with the Wicked Wakesurf, I used to run all factory tanks full, 750s in the rear, 650 bow bag, and anywhere from 300-800 lbs on the floor. 

As for prop, I'd switch to either the 2937 or 2419.  I currently run the 2937 which was recommended for me by Jim at Acme Props.  If you still want to wakeboard then go with the 2419. 

Cole2001 has a 2419 for sale in the Classifieds.

Edited by Kojak
2 minutes ago, Kojak said:

If your bow is way too high then you have too much weight in the rear.  Try the 400 in the bow and fill your rear bags to somewhere around 750 lbs.  Then use the wedge to help give you more push.  You could even add some weight midships.  In my 06 with the Wicked Wakesurf, I used to run all factory tanks full, 750s in the rear, 650 bow bag, and anywhere from 300-800 lbs on the floor. 

As for prop, I'd switch to either the 2937 or 2419.  I currently run the 2937 which was recommended for me by Jim at Acme Props.  If you still want to wakeboard then go with the 2419.

Thanks man. (I'll stop hijacking this thread). I knew for sure there was too much rear weight. I'm definitely going to try that 400 on top of the stock 350 in the bow. I'm willing to plumb in a 750 triangle and remove the hard tank. I use to fill bags with throw over pumps for 7 years. I'm tired of it. I want to do it all from the helm. So that will be as much as I'm willing to do. I ran the drain pumps for about 5min from "full" and tried it there. I think with 750 in the bow it would be OK. 
2419... I'll keep an eye out for a used one, thank you for that recommendation! Much appreciated. 

16 minutes ago, Imracin68j said:

900LR . 700RR . 800Front . 250 left rear seat.  Wedge has to be down.

Do you run a gate of sorts? Or just use the listing?