Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV Ballast Options

MSUDawg

I just bought a 2007 Wakesetter 23 LSV.  The boat has the factory tanks and I am looking to upgrade for more weight.  I have been out of wakeboarding/surfing for a while and don’t know what my options are on the 07 LSV.  

Can I take out the hard tanks in the rear and replace with bags?  Or, is piggy back the only option for this model and year?  What about adding more auto ballast in the bow/center?

Thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, MSUDawg said:

Can I take out the hard tanks in the rear and replace with bags? 

Yes you can and many have done it.  Better than piggyback IMHO and faster filling and draining.  Search the site and you'll find several threads on taking out the hard tanks.  You can try to use the existing pumps and plumbing or just replace it all the and go with reversible pumps.

1 hour ago, minnmarker said:

Yes you can and many have done it.  Better than piggyback IMHO and faster filling and draining.  Search the site and you'll find several threads on taking out the hard tanks.  You can try to use the existing pumps and plumbing or just replace it all the and go with reversible pumps.

Thanks.  I was told it would be better to take out the hard tanks but wasn’t sure if I could do that on this model or not.  I’ll search for how to.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2007 23 LSV.  It came with 2 - 750 fat sacs. Filling & draining these seems like too much trouble.  Reading on here it sounds like removing the factory ballast & adding a bigger ballast on each side is better.  Will the factory pumps support such a change?

Adding the new wakemakers piggyback system works fine. Fairly simple install I can help if you need advice. It fills and drains fairly quickly considering your running on the existing pump. Plus your getting the extra weight from the existing hard tanks....

Edited by DylanR
  • 2 weeks later...