Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A22 standard options

Mitch83

This has to be some kind of joke right. Do all you guys really not understand this thread and what the topic is about. Have any of you found the sale brochure and spotted the section the Op is referring too. It clearly states standard features include........ nothing about standard options like you guys are all saying. 

1 minute ago, Raimie said:

image.png

Great that one shows the bolster as standard. The ones with descriptions on models show standard feature literature. If you post one page of any model we can put this to rest. 

The seat bolster mentioned standard in the table above is an error. It is an option in the dealer portal and if not selected, you will not get it. Catalogs have stuff wrong all the time, and aren't even available until after most boat orders are placed.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, goatv said:

This has to be some kind of joke right. Do all you guys really not understand this thread and what the topic is about. Have any of you found the sale brochure and spotted the section the Op is referring too. It clearly states standard features include........ nothing about standard options like you guys are all saying. 

If the dealer logs on to the portal and checks all the boxes for the standard options listed in the brochure and it spits out a price.  It's a pretty simple process. 

Again the M235 originally had every option standard.  You could save money by unchecking the boxes of "standard" features.  I am sure they would love if every dealer sold soft grip on every boat and some dealers might do that others dealers will just sit down with you and build a custom boat with you. 

4 minutes ago, Raimie said:

The seat bolster mentioned standard in the table above is an error. It is an option in the dealer portal and if not selected, you will not get it. Catalogs have stuff wrong all the time, and aren't even available until after most boat orders are placed.

How can you say that?  Do you work for Malibu?  Did you just get confirmation in the last 10 min. You guys are very quick to say something without any legit facts. A bunch of assumptions. Never would survive in the meetings I go to. We talk facts or don't talk. Feel free to post page where it mentions soft grip flooring as standard feature.  

1 minute ago, goatv said:

How can you say that?  Do you work for Malibu?  Did you just get confirmation in the last 10 min. You guys are very quick to say something without any legit facts. A bunch of assumptions. Never would survive in the meetings I go to. We talk facts or don't talk. Feel free to post page where it mentions soft grip flooring as standard feature.  

Because I ordered a 2018 boat and sat there with my dealer looking at the screen while they selected options in the boat builder. The bolster is an option, and so is the floor. If those boxes (which both have associated costs) are not selected, you WILL NOT GET THEM. It's pretty simple really.

Ok, I'm done here. Good luck with your new boat. I'm sure all the friends you have made in this thread will be happy to help  you out when you have your first issue.:rockon:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, vanamp said:

If the dealer logs on to the portal and checks all the boxes for the standard options listed in the brochure and it spits out a price.  It's a pretty simple process. 

Again the M235 originally had every option standard.  You could save money by unchecking the boxes of "standard" features.  I am sure they would love if every dealer sold soft grip on every boat and some dealers might do that others dealers will just sit down with you and build a custom boat with you. 

I don't care what portal does or what dealers do. This whole thread is about what the sale brochure mentions.  I get it that the brochure may or may not be correct or match what the dealers have access to. The Op asked about what the brochure mentions and you guys have tried extremely hard to deter this convo to make your selves feel better about paying for bolsters and flooring. Or like the experienced guy posted earlier, didn't get bolster because it was a cost.  But hey. I'm new here and you guys have all the experience. I'm just a guy that reads and comprehends things. 

1 minute ago, goatv said:

I don't care what portal does or what dealers do. This whole thread is about what the sale brochure mentions.  I get it that the brochure may or may not be correct or match what the dealers have access to. The Op asked about what the brochure mentions and you guys have tried extremely hard to deter this convo to make your selves feel better about paying for bolsters and flooring. Or like the experienced guy posted earlier, didn't get bolster because it was a cost.  But hey. I'm new here and you guys have all the experience. I'm just a guy that reads and comprehends things. 

Ya, ok. Enjoy those seat backs for the sliding seat that you aren't getting if you don't have the $1100 line item listed on your build sheet that you won't post.:lol:

16 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Because I ordered a 2018 boat and sat there with my dealer looking at the screen while they selected options in the boat builder. The bolster is an option, and so is the floor. If those boxes (which both have associated costs) are not selected, you WILL NOT GET THEM. It's pretty simple really.

Ok, I'm done here. Good luck with your new boat. I'm sure all the friends you have made in this thread will be happy to help  you out when you have your first issue.:rockon:

Really people are mad because I reference the brochure and then when you post it you say it's an error. I have said all along not my problem what the portal does. I know it says standard so I asked dealer about it. Pretty simple. Nothing to get feeling hurt over. 

4 minutes ago, goatv said:

I don't care what portal does or what dealers do. This whole thread is about what the sale brochure mentions.  I get it that the brochure may or may not be correct or match what the dealers have access to. The Op asked about what the brochure mentions and you guys have tried extremely hard to deter this convo to make your selves feel better about paying for bolsters and flooring. Or like the experienced guy posted earlier, didn't get bolster because it was a cost.  But hey. I'm new here and you guys have all the experience. I'm just a guy that reads and comprehends 

The dealer checks the boxes and it spits out a price.  Standard would be just checking a specific set of boxes.  Heck alot of the 2018s were already ordered before the brochure was even available.

I'm not sure if they are errors or someone decided that all boats should have a bolster seat and made it a standard option that adds X amount of dollars to the cost of the boat. Either way if you don't want it you can not check the box and save some cash.  These are custom builds after all.

18 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Ya, ok. Enjoy those seat backs for the sliding seat that you aren't getting if you don't have the $1100 line item listed on your build sheet that you won't post.:lol:

If you talking about the seats that go into the sliding seat. I think those are included when you get chillax seating. Not totally sure but  I don't have have 1,100 charge.  I did pay like 972 for chillax and they gave me the little back rests. 

3 minutes ago, vanamp said:

The dealer checks the boxes and it spits out a price.  Standard would be just checking a specific set of boxes.  Heck alot of the 2018s were already ordered before the brochure was even available.

I'm not sure if they are errors or someone decided that all boats should have a bolster seat and made it a standard option that adds X amount of dollars to the cost of the boat. Either way if you don't want it you can not check the box and save some cash.  These are custom builds after all.

That is totally fair and I get that. Put all the dealer prompts to the side. All I have been saying is the brochure says things that don't match up to the dealers portal. So if you can hold them to the brochure and save a little $$ then so be it. I have now made enemies for stating all this. I sure hope the Op gets his stuff at no extra charge after all this. 

If I knew how to post a pic I would, I have the brochure in front of me now. On the A22 page it has features:

•wake plus hull

•triple hard tank ballast system

•livorsi electronic throttle

•walkthrough design

•illuminating 3-in-1 gauges

•three new gel coat color oprions

•skybox seat 

•soft grip flooring

•plush upholstery 

•power wedge II (optional)

•surfgate (optional)

•surfband w/ tower speaker volume control(optional

•all new bungee tower racks (optional)

•ptm clamping board racks(optional)

To me that would mean the soft grip would come with the boat, but I’ve been wrong before

11 minutes ago, goatv said:

That is totally fair and I get that. Put all the dealer prompts to the side. All I have been saying is the brochure says things that don't match up to the dealers portal. So if you can hold them to the brochure and save a little $$ then so be it. I have now made enemies for stating all this. I sure hope the Op gets his stuff at no extra charge after all this. 

But that's where your disconnect is.  There is no where that lists the price of a "standard" axis.  In my case holding them to the brochure would have cost me more $$$ since I did not want soft grip flooring.  How can I hold them to a price that does not exist?

Edited by vanamp
10 minutes ago, Mitch83 said:

If I knew how to post a pic I would, I have the brochure in front of me now. On the A22 page it has features:

•wake plus hull

•walkthrough design

•skybox seat 

•soft grip flooring

•plush upholstery 

•surfgate (optional)

To me that would mean the soft grip would come with the boat, but I’ve been wrong before

They may have listed it there since it's an option not previously available just like the three new gel options.

It may be an error or might be how they would like their boats to be optioned but either way these are customers builds and you should sit down with your dealer and build a boat.   Maybe some dealerships are less transparent about the process and in that case it would suck to try to build without seeing all the available options and their associated costs. 

Edited by vanamp
7 minutes ago, Mitch83 said:

•wake plus hull

•walkthrough design

•skybox seat 

•soft grip flooring

•plush upholstery 

•surfgate (optional)

Don't let these guys sway you. The brochure is clear. They all know how to post a picture but won't. One guy did then said it was an error right way.  So maybe it is an error. That's not for us to determine.  

2 minutes ago, vanamp said:

They may have listed it there since it's an option not previously available just like the three new gel options.

It may be an error or might be how they would like their boats to be optioned but either way these are customers builds and you should sit down with your dealer and build a boat.   Maybe some dealerships are less transparent about the process and in that case it would suck to try to build without seeing all the available options and their associated costs. 

Clearly they have optional next to optional items on this page. You guys are trying hard to not give this new customer a bone and try to get a little something for charge. Bunch o haters 

2 hours ago, goatv said:

but you ALL are not understanding that almost everyone has let Axis off the hook for putting info in a sale book and then honoring it.  But all you with thousands of posts keep on defending malibu like your job depends on it.

Clearly they have made another huge mistake. My brochure says “centered on you”...and here all you guys are ordering your Axis boats with free items. Obviously they are not “centered on me” when they give these kind of deals to you. This Axis brochure is BLASPHEMY!

I can’t let Axis off the hook on this one!

• Like 3

I guess someone has to ask...@goatv, have you ever taken off your shirt at a boat ramp and almost gotten into a fight? Because if you have this may turn out to be a great introduction after all...