Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A22 standard options

Mitch83

Just curious what the standard option (soft grip flooring) that on the Axis website says the boat comes with. We had to pay for carpet as an upgrade, so I was just wondering.

3 minutes ago, goatv said:

Sorry your wrong.  Soft grip is standard.

So is soft grip the same that comes on the swim platform?  Or is that different?

Odd.  For my 2018 Malibu....soft grip flooring was the upgrade with carpet as standard.  and yes the flooring on the swim deck is the soft grip flooring.

19 minutes ago, goatv said:

Sorry your wrong.  Soft grip is standard.

When did it change from bare flooring to softgrip?  I have a14’ a20 and the snap in carpet I love and hate was an option. 

I don’t use it and have a bare floor

the a22 2012 they had in stock when I bought mine had the bare floor as well!

Edited by granddaddy55

don’t know how to post a screen shot on here, but on the axis website it says that standard features on the A22 include an even wider array of exciting gel coat options, plush upholstery, all-new bungie tower racks, new soft grip flooring and the innovative sliding skybox seat.

Standard options not standard features , this topic has come up before on forums

proof is no way sky box seating is a standard “included” feature

i guarantee you put in an order for it and the invoice/build sheet sticker  will have a price on it and it won’t be a small price, I think that is one of the pricier options (flooring or skybox )

Edited by granddaddy55
4 minutes ago, Mitch83 said:

don’t know how to post a screen shot on here, but on the axis website it says that standard features on the A22 include an even wider array of exciting gel coat options, plush upholstery, all-new bungie tower racks, new soft grip flooring and the innovative sliding skybox seat.

Interesting. I have a 2018 T22 and soft grip flooring and tower racks were not included in the base price. Both were options that I paid for.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Interesting. I have a 2018 T22 and soft grip flooring and tower racks were not included in the base price. Both were options that I paid for.

Bingo, there is nothing free/included  in an Axis except base motor and helm controls and base tower and white hull with axis graphic and windshield with basic white with black and grey accents interior, I know cause I own one outfitted above with a couple EXTRA goodies like bimini, heater and pnp

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Yep, our build date is tomorrow so I was getting anxious and just looking around and seen that on their website. We paid for the racks and carpet. Would’ve been nice to get that stuff as a standard option.

Not the point of axis, you better make sure you order the pop up cleats cause to my surprise regular non pop ups were not included

I ordered a 2018 and it was included for free, as well as bolster seat.  Says it in brochure.  Maybe I got hooked up maybe you guys should of been.  And standard options mentioning plush upholstery??  I didnt know you can pick different styles of seating levels. 

1 hour ago, granddaddy55 said:

Standard options not standard features , this topic has come up before on forums

proof is no way sky box seating is a standard “included” feature

i guarantee you put in an order for it and the invoice/build sheet sticker  will have a price on it and it won’t be a small price, I think that is one of the pricier options (flooring or skybox )

Do what??  Read the brochure.  Skybox is included in 2018 A24, not sure of other models.  

He was talking about a22, so your invoice/build sheet shows “included” with no money on it, so what if I ordered an a24 without?  What then?  

Gkad to here that the flagship Axis boat had it included!  But I bet every other model didn’t .

so Axis made an exception to their own pricing system !  

Yes you can now get skybox seating in an Axis .  You used to not be able to even have it just like Power wedge or Power wedge 2 .

now you can have it included in your Axis boat.  But your are not unchecking a checked box .  You are checking a box to include it with a standard feature price

you Ard reading a brochure .  A brochure is to be informative but it is an ad!!  So it is communicating to you the consumer that you can now buy the generic Malibu (an Axis ) with your new standard feature

THEY ARE NOT “INCLUDED”

Edited by granddaddy55
14 minutes ago, goatv said:

Not trying to get into battle, the brochure mentions skybox and soft grip flooring on every model as standard.  The brochure can be found on Axis website.  

The sliding seat might be standard, but the seat backs cost $1100. I priced an a24 and t23 and I’m in agreement with most on here that soft grip floor was an option that cost additional money. Maybe your dealer baked it into the base price? Either way, someone paid for it... I can post build sheets to prove it. Can you? 

2 minutes ago, Mitch83 said:

Sent my dealer an email, so we will see what he says about it.

It's in the brochure, nothing to discuss.  These guys that are all in agreement that it's an option are just upset.  They probably paid for bolster seats too.  And yes I have build sheet to prove it, but no need to.  

26 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

The sliding seat might be standard, but the seat backs cost $1100. I priced an a24 and t23 and I’m in agreement with most on here that soft grip floor was an option that cost additional money. Maybe your dealer baked it into the base price? Either way, someone paid for it... I can post build sheets to prove it. Can you? 

Nope didn't pay 1,100 for seat backs.  I paid 972 for chillax and thats it.  And to think I came to this site for info before purchasing a bunch of CNN fake news today.

3 minutes ago, goatv said:

Nope didn't pay 1,100 for seat backs.  I paid 972 for chillax and thats it.  And to think I came to this site for info before purchasing a bunch of CNN fake news today.

I paid 437.50 for the chillax seating, and 172.50 for the seat bolster. Read slide box seating didn’t cost anything on my build sheet.

ahopkins22LSV
6 minutes ago, goatv said:

It's in the brochure, nothing to discuss.  These guys that are all in agreement that it's an option are just upset.  They probably paid for bolster seats too.  And yes I have build sheet to prove it, but no need to.  

Post it if you are that passionate about it and your "cnn fake news". If it is standard it will be listed under standard features in the square, not where it is highlighted under cockpit options. *disclaimer, this is from our 2019 Malibu VTX build, just using it as an example.

So even if it is "standard" now, soft grip flooring kits from gator step or sea dek range from 900-1500ish. It will be built into your MSRP, it isn't free.

Capture.thumb.JPG.273e5daa1b993c63a0d69e3da8c0700a.JPG

Just now, Mitch83 said:

I paid 437.50 for the chillax seating, and 172.50 for the seat bolster. Read slide box seating didn’t cost anything on my build sheet.

What model do you have.  We have a24 and have two flip up seats.  I am only saying what I read and hope everyone else gets the price they should get.  You should not pay for the bolster either.  Your dealer wont argue with you, its very clear.  Actually you should kindly ask why you even have to bring it up as they should know better.