Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

winshield closing issue

anyone have a problem with the center windshield binding at the top . this is a new 2017 lsv with 30 hrs on it . all screws and brackets look fine.

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

2 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Mine hits a little too but only sometimes. On the top corner.

Ya, must depend on humidity or something because it doesn't always do it.

I had a similar issue with my lsv when I took delivery.  My windshield was flexing and binding up while towing a wakeboarder.   It ended up being the U bar bolts were never tightened.  There also should be some shims installed.  Take a look at the attached doc.  It might not relate to Axis and your problem but who knows maybe it will help you guys out.

At very least you can check your U bar bolts.

Screenshot_20180611-172601.jpg

Edited by Fman
  • Like 2

thx Fman

never had this issue on my other mfg for 10 yrs  2 different models.

Edited by JMVOTTO
17 hours ago, Dwake said:

My 2018 lsv same issue with windshield.  Got to push left on left side of windshield  and it pops in

You should check you Ubar bolts and shims...will be interesting to see if that is the problem?

On 6/14/2018 at 4:25 PM, Dwake said:

My 2018 lsv same issue with windshield.  Got to push left on left side of windshield  and it pops in

My 18 lsv showed up misaligned as well...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a chance to inspect, but I did have my dealer look at it when I took my boat in for the 20 hr service. They mentioned that a replacement windshield was required (under warranty) and that it was installed wrong at the factory. I'm puzzled why a new windshield would be required, but as long as its getting fixed, I guess I'm ok with it. I will put this off until winter, however.

Edited by Raimie
2 hours ago, Raimie said:

I didn't have a chance to inspect, but I did have my dealer look at it when I took my boat in for the 20 hr service. They mentioned that a replacement windshield was required (under warranty) and that it was installed wrong at the factory. I'm puzzled why a new windshield would be required, but as long as its getting fixed, I guess I'm ok with it. I will put this off until winter, however.

Replacement?

From the post it seems to me like it could be adjusted/relocated.

21 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Replacement?

From the post it seems to me like it could be adjusted/relocated.

Agree completely. I was in a hurry when I had the discussion with them but plan to discuss more in the fall. I'll post an update on it when I have more info.