Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

New Items soon on the market.

king_kong

those racks are saweeeeeet!! i might have consider gettin a set of those insted of nice racks

SacRiverRat

wonder how you pull the hooks around the end of the boards..? Dontknow.gif

NorCaliBu
wonder how you pull the hooks around the end of the boards..? Dontknow.gif
Click on the Carbon Fiber Rack link in the original post. :Doh:

SacRiverRat

Yea yea... but what I was thinking was; where are you when you are pulling the clips over the ends of the boards? Outside the boat?

On the bungy retainer, you pull back on the cords from inside the boat - this looks like you have to hang outta the boat and pull the clips over the ends of the boards.

Just differet - kinda cool though

Edited by SacRiverRat

NorCaliBu
Yea yea... but what I was thinking was; where are you when you are pulling the clips over the ends of the boards? Outside the boat?

On the bungy retainer, you pull back on the cords from inside the boat - this looks like you have to hang outta the boat and pull the clips over the ends of the boards.

Just different - kinda cool though

Ahh. You're right, might be kind of awkward.

They are very cool looking though. Hate to think about how much they cost. Shocking.gif

jphillips

First think I thought of as well. How much force in the outward direction is going to be required. Is my wife and children going to be able to open and close these from within the boat. Need a little clip on the web page showing us how easy it is to use. They look sharp.

GoldschlagerVT

They look sharp, but carbon fiber isn't cheap. One nice then is Carbon fiber flex's a lot. So instead of the boards banging constantly, the racks might flex a little and be quieter.

chathamsolutions

Interesting that they used a 'Malibu' wakeboard as the example board on their web site.

Wonder if it's owned by a person who's sponsored by Malilbu?

NorCaliBu
Interesting that they used a 'Malibu' wakeboard as the example board on their web site.
Aren't the racks specific to the Illusion tower? Isn't the illusion tower unique to Malibu?

pennery

I believe Svfara has a version of the illusion. Not sure if the tower rack mounts are the same or different though.

That tower Mirror Arrm mount won't fit the illusion.

LINK

Edited by pennery

jpk

Dang, I really wish those were available earlier this year when I bought my boat. Cry.gif Those look so easy to use and have very clean design.

Adam

That rack is actually an option on malibu's. It's called the Revolution Rack. It was actually inspired by a Malibu Engineer... Biggrin.gif

Chaabo
That rack is actually an option on malibu's. It's called the Revolution Rack. It was actually inspired by a Malibu Engineer... Biggrin.gif

Yep, as Adam let the cat out of the bag...

I sneak previewed the first official 07 brochure pics a while ago and these racks are available with the new models. I can say they really are the cherry on the cake for the Illusion X tower!

Edited by Chaabo

stewart

SWEET!

Oh, BTW isn't that your car in the background of the mirror arm picture Whistling.gif