Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23lsv vs 25lsv

The Hulk

Just went out in my buddies new to him 2016 23 lsv.. we had a great night surfing great boat.. the Bow rise was more significant in the 23 and his wedge position was down a little bit further than mine to control bow rise.. we also added a small sack probably 300lb up front... Only four people on the boat so we used a 1000-pound triangle sac in the center belly floor probably filled till about 750 pounds worth with 4 people in the boat... Wave was awesome!!  obviously not as long like the 25lsv but still great.. actually a little bit firmer and more lip closer to the boat.. the 23 nose rides Higher  compared to the 25 and that was with bow bag ballast upfront.. so my comment is if you don't want to use bow ballast and you want a more level ride go with a 25 if you can afford.. just reaffirming that the 25 doesn't need any bow ballast but the 23 will need it, however, the 23 wave is still amazing in it's own ways..

Edited by The Hulk

My loan on my 2017 23 LSV was approved for about 10 grand more than I needed for my boat. At the time, I felt like I had no need for a bigger boat, but now I wish I had the 25 LSV. The size and the wave/wake are all bigger. Although I love my 23, I am somewhat regretting not getting a 25 LSV. I think if I had the  25, there would be no need to upgrade for several more years.  

20 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

My loan on my 2017 23 LSV was approved for about 10 grand more than I needed for my boat. At the time, I felt like I had no need for a bigger boat, but now I wish I had the 25 LSV. The size and the wave/wake are all bigger. Although I love my 23, I am somewhat regretting not getting a 25 LSV. I think if I had the  25, there would be no need to upgrade for several more years.  

That's where I'm at the 23 was occasionally cramped the 25 is so much more boat for only a little bit more cost.. honestly after being in a 23 again and makes me wonder how they get so much money for those compared to the 25... space difference is incredible, storage difference is amazing.. in the 23 the cooler on the floor was a bit in the way but not so in the 25

It's similar to the pontoon industry it's typically only $1.8-2.3k to upgrade from a 23 to a 25 toon so hardly anything compared to the total price

Edited by The Hulk
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

That's where I'm at the 23 was occasionally cramped the 25 is so much more boat for only a little bit more cost.. honestly after being in a 23 again and makes me wonder how they get so much money for those compared to the 25... space difference is incredible, storage difference is amazing.. in the 23 the cooler on the floor was a bit in the way but not so in the 25

It's similar to the pontoon industry it's typically only $1.8-2.3k to upgrade from a 23 to a 25 toon so hardly anything compared to the total price

Hey thanks. Now I really wish I had the 25. :(

54 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

Any major differences between 2016 25LSV and 2018 25 LSV?

17” prop with 2:1 (upgraded in ‘17) and maybe graphics (Malibu on the side vs wakestetter), but this is all from memory which could be way off...

13 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

2016 and prior are the old 1.48:1 tranny?

I thought 1.72 or 1.76 whatever it was but will check I thought I read that the 25 was different ratios than the 23 in 16 could be wrong

Edited by The Hulk
  • 2 weeks later...

I've owned a 2016 23, 2017 25 and a 2018 23. I do miss the space in my 25, but the construction in the new 23 is more solid. Both boats have their market. I will say that if  you have the truck to pull it, the proper boat storage and the cash, go 25, you won't regret it. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have information on the 2019 25 LSV. My dealer says it is receiving a total makeover. 

Edited by bbattiste247