Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pickup ladder/kayak rack

oldjeep

Figure someone will have an idea here, I'm not finding anything.
On my old truck - 09 ram crewcab, i had a vantech track mounted ladder rack. Easy on and off, as the truck wouldn't fit in a parking ramp with it on. New truck is a 2018 ram crew with 6ft 4 box and a diamondback tonneau. Looking for some sort of rack that is easy to take on and off. Vantech stopped selling a trac mount, and the tracrac tracks are huge. Unfortunately I sold the old rack with the old truck Ideas?

This is the old rack.  New one will need to mount to the tonneau rather than beside it. 

P5300002.JPG

1 hour ago, Falko said:

Diamond back makes a cover mount rack. https://www.realtruck.com/diamondback-cover-mount-rack/

But check that website, they have a lot of options for truck racks.

Unfortunately it is hard mounted, and I need something that can be easily taken on and off.  So far the only thing I've found that sort of fits the need is a tracrac SR, and I don't care for the enormous tracks that they use since I'm going to have to do a split track to mount to cover.  All the other track mounted options I've found won't work with a tonneau  due to the way they use the top and inside edge of the bed for mounting their rails.  Need something that mounts on the top only.

Edited by oldjeep

Managed to find a NOS vantech rack that has tracks and adjustable height load bars.  The tracks are silver, racks black.  Need to cut the tracks to work with the tonneau, so I'll either paint them or have them anodized black.