Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water leaking in ballast line

klingsdesigns

Rear lines by motor leaking at these vent things. Not sure why?  Not sure if it did it before my pnp bags were installed or not. Leaks when filling only.  I will post a pic when I get off the water. 

Just now, boardjnky4 said:

You can tighten up the knob at the top

I took out the rubber piece put back in and tighted right up and it still shoots water out when filling ballast.

does the bill part go down?   Would me installing the autovent kit for the pnp bags to the thru hull holes higher then the vent loops cause this problem?

Edited by klingsdesigns
10 hours ago, klingsdesigns said:

I took out the rubber piece put back in and tighted right up and it still shoots water out when filling ballast.

IIRC, that rubber piece is the duckbill and it needs to be in there.

24 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

IIRC, that rubber piece is the duckbill and it needs to be in there.

2 hours ago, klingsdesigns said:

All the ones i see it is showing the duckbill going downwards.

90891179.jpg

Crap! You’re right! Sorry. Even the install diagram from the bakes link says it points down. 

Maybe i will disconnect my pnp and see if it still does it when i fill up my stock ballasts. Only thing i did was add them and the vent kit. I do know when i did the vent kit i have them installed as high as they can in the boat. 

Edited by klingsdesigns

I called wakemakers and they said to swap the anti siphon with check valves.  Anyone else do this before or have my leaking issue?  I am going to take the rubber duckbills out and clean with vinegar and make sure no hard deposits on them.

• 5 weeks later...

It was all just the 3 little rubber duckbills.  Replaced and works like a charm.  Not sure why the went bad?

• Like 2