Arick

What is this Airmar thing?

Arick

This was in the Malibu bag that came with my 07 Sunscape.  What is this thing?  A few quick searches seem to indicate something with the transducer?

airmar.jpg

oldjeep

Depth transducer? What part number is on it? 

John I.

Looks like a cap for the thru-hull opening normally occupied by a Perfect Pass paddlewheel..  

Arick
41 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Depth transducer? What part number is on it? 

I tried searching the "part number"  pbt-gf

41 minutes ago, John I. said:

Looks like a cap for the thru-hull opening normally occupied by a Perfect Pass paddlewheel..  

The boat does have factory "cruise" not sure what the actual name is.  So that means it has a GPS paddle wheel instead?

Edited by Arick
because words

lonestar

That is the top half of the paddle wheel for the Malibu Cruise. Normally on the port side of the v-drive. On mine the depth transducer is on the opposite side of the v-drive from this paddle wheel.

granddaddy55

I have an extra one zip tied in my tranny v drive area strapped to a thru hull , I have depth finder already and have paddle wheel  so it must be to add Zero off??

or spare depth transducer ?

rhink I have one as a thru hull so must be spare depth 

Edited by granddaddy55

granddaddy55
1 hour ago, Arick said:

I tried searching the "part number"  pbt-gf

The boat does have factory "cruise" not sure what the actual name is.  So that means it has a GPS paddle wheel instead?

Paddle wheel, not gps paddle wheel, is the factory cruise, zero off would be factory upgrade 

Edited by granddaddy55

Ronnie

GPS Paddlewheel?

formulaben

Mine looks very similar; bottom is paddlewheel and somewhere inside is the temp sending unit.  Doesn't look like the paddlewheel assembly is attached on yours.  Could be a dummy to fill the hole or just temp only is my guess. 

hethj7

I think I recall in the manual you are actually supposed to install it for towing, not that anyone actually does.  That may be why they still ship them.  

lonestar

Very interesting- had no idea a plug existed for the paddle wheel. I use my Zero Off exclusively so I have never messed with mine. 

JasonK

I pulled my paddle wheel out of the hull the other day to inspect it. And of course now it doesn't work. Searching threads now for help.