Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 malibu 23 LSV floor removal

We have a 2008 Malibu wakesetter 23 LSV and the sending unit on the gas tank went out. How do I get the large rectangular floor piece up to replace the sending unit. 

There are holes near the front of the board but I am not able to find any screw holes or phillips head screws. Do I need to take out the back and side seating to get this piece up?

Please help, I know this should be fairly easy but I and not having much luck. 

Thanks

Redline450

I wonder if the PO snapped them off or just left them out.  Slide a putty knife or flat blade screw driver under the front edge and see if it will lift up.  Then slide it towards the bow to get it out from under the seat bases and remove.  I have 4 screws with finish washers holding mine down, hard to miss them.  

Thanks, I have been digging around in the carpet, but no luck so far. Does anyone know if you have to remove the rear and side seats to get this piece out?

I wouldn't think so but the Malibu dealer thought I may have to... He was not so sure, but honestly I really don't think he knew what he was talking about. 

• 1 year later...