Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 wakesetter

LSleeman1

My husband and I just bought a wakesetter and it’s running perfectly with no glitches. We’ve seen some forums from a few years back of people having software issues after a certain amount of hours have been put on. Ours has 450. Spoke to a parts guy in TN this afternoon and he said if everything’s running well then not to worry about about a software update. Just curious if anyone else has this same year model and has or hasn’t had this software/viper box issue. We didn’t purchase from a Malibu dealer so they didn’t know much about the boat and the previous owner said he never had a problem, but the boat has relatively low hours for being 9 years old. TIA! 

I have a ‘10 with the V23 update that I got from a member who updated his ‘09. Unless you start to get some crazy stuff happening with it I wouldn’t mess with it. The upgrade will be all but transparent IME. I am guessing the TN parts guy was Adam in Hendersonville. If so he won’t steer you wrong.

Edited by wdr

Sold our '09 last year and ran into the Viper box issue. We had to flash the software (able to do it from home) via a USB plug and never had another issue. From my understanding, the memory is non-volatile and once you fill the memory with "errors", it will lock.

The "errors" were just stored shallow water warnings. I wouldn't worry about that at all. However, I would suggest going ahead and replacing the bushings in the Illusion X tower. Bakes sold a kit for like $80. If those are worn away, you can definitely mess up the tower. LOVED the boat though. Never had a real issue. Sold it because we had twins.\

Let me know if you need anything (including those files)