Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My 3rd boat in 4 years

Arick

94 Echelon -> 98 Sunsetter LX -> 07 Sunscape 21 lsv

Picked it up the Friday of Memorial day weekend and took it out Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Put about 7-8 hours on the 220 it already had.  I'm blown away at how much better this is than the 98 I had.  Boat is super clean and was very well cared for. A 60 year old couple had the boat and would use it when there kids came over.  It wasn't getting much use as the kids are getting older.  They wanted to get in a pontoon.   

I haven't wakeboarded behind it yet, not to worried about the diamond hull as I'm not any good.  I did however do a basic surf setup and messed around with that for a few hours.  Looking forward to dialing in the surf wave! :cheers:

Specs

• 340 Monsoon
  • 220 hours
  • Floating Wedge
  • I assume stock stereo? (no amps) RF speakers with Sony deck and remote
  • Heater
  • Cruise (Not sure if that was standard), certainly nice to have.

Included with boat

• 2 covers
    • They claimed the black one was causing discoloration with the interior so they 
  • 2 Fat Sacs
  • Tsunami pump
  • Old CWB surf board 
  • Has upgraded prop (haven't looked at the model #)
  • Stock prop, Plus upgraded one thats currently on the boat.

Plans

• Get surf prop (check current prop, might be ok)
  • Domed #s
  • New stereo - the whole shebang.  (let me know if you have something for sale)
  • Gator Step rear swim deck.  Original rubber is gone
  • Surf board for me (6'4 240)
  • Surf board for the wife (5'4)
  • Glovebox lock knob is broke, pretty hard to open.  Looking to get a push button with no key.  Does that even exist?
  • Tower
    • On the fence here, but would look to get one put on over winter.
  • Over winter, get a 2 seats fixed
  • TMC Suggestions ???

20180525_122000.jpg

20180525_122251.jpg

Edited by Arick
added more plans
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, onwi said:

Congrats.  If the interior is as clean as the gel then it looks like you've got yourself a good one!

Thank you! 

Yeah the interior is a 9 out 10.  A few minor discolorations on the dash, 1 seam on the rear seat is starting to come a part and the front center cushion looks like a small dog took a bite out of the side.  You can't see it unless your remove it.